Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia KLV-32-400A - negative picture with white haze

Hey,

My TV recently started fading in colors, since a month ago - where initially black areas of the picture would look bluish but would return to normal after 1-2 hours of use.

Now the image looks negative with a white haze ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8FhcZ4qonU and it wont fix itself after hours of use.

The OSD too has a white haze. I have looked at various sony LCD troubleshooting docs from this forum and think the FB-1 board is gone bad.

I have tried resetting the TV from the service menu, checked boards for dry solder/bad caps.
    Even ran a hot air blower to see if heating the components a little on each of the PSU, FB-1, TCON boards help - no luck again.

I'm looking for advice if the FB-1 board needs replacement and where I can source it from for this LCD model.

Thanks in Advance!
    Joel Rebello

Re: Sony Bravia KLV-32-400A - negative picture with white haze

Shameless bump :P Let me know if I need to post better videos/pics of the screen.
    Im about to contact the Sony service center, but would like to check with an expert here first

Thanks,
    Joel Rebello

Comment

Can you post a pic of your T-Con I have the same issue on a KDL-37L4000

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26788

I'm just ordered the AS15 chip. Let's see if yours has it aswell.

Comment

Hey Kevin,

Attached a photo of the TCON board,
        Attached Files

Comment

Your board does appear to use an AS15 IC, so I'd look there.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hey Tom,

I can see the AS15 chip seems to run pretty damn hot, Im going to read up about this chip.. thanks!

Comment

Ya it looks like the IC Im pointing to is an AS15. After researching this it seems that this is a common issue. It definetely was not the main board on mine because I tried a new one. So it was narrowed down to the T-Con and then to this IC.

If your T-Con is cheap enough that may be easier than replacing the IC, my T-Con is rare and expensive.

It will be next week before I get the part and verify that was the issue though.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kevin! I'll try to figure if this TCON board is available or I'll see if I can get my hands on that chip..

Comment

Hey, I was able to confirm its that chip by holding a heatsink on it, as soon as the heatsink was removed the picture went negative, so its got to be the AS15 chip

PS: the IC is an AS15-HG
                  Last edited by joelrebello; 03-10-2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: specify IC number

Comment

Very common problem,
                    see post 15:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...741#post320741

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...mma#post304275
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hey,

Does anyone have schematics or a doc with reference voltages for the KLV-32-400A, Since I have this LCD opened up I might as well verify everything else is fine (just incase something else caused the AS15 IC to bork).
                      Thanks again!

Joel Rebello

Comment

We've never found schematics for T-cons; they are intended as "replace only" parts. You can check the AVDD voltage -- should be around 15~20V.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hey guys,

I received the AS15-HG chip today and soldered it to the board,
                          the original negative picture issue is now gone.

Although now I have a possible TCON ribbon cable issue?
                          In the attached images you'll notice the right side of the image has red bars
                          when there is no source connected, and you can see the effect when a picture is displayed.

I tried nudging the ribbon cable a bit, but it doesn't seem to have much effect on the red bars..
                          I swapped the right-left ribbon cables - without any luck.
                          If I remove the corresponding TCON ribbon cable, I get a plain white half screen

Any clues as to what might be wrong here, I have another spare AS15-HG chip if the new one is faulty..

What would be the right way to trace the problem here..

Thanks a lot for all your help so far!

Regards,
                          Joel
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did you unplug the panel connectors while replacing the IC?

Comment

Hey,

Yes, I did unplug the connectors, and kept them far away while desoldering and soldering the chip.

Comment

Remove and re-insert the top and bottom connectors. There may be ESD damage from soldering it, so you may need to just swap the T-con.

Comment

Ok, I did try re-inserting the connectors and had no luck.
                                  I hope Im able to find a TCON board for this LCD TV, please point me to any vendors that I could get in touch with..

Thanks!
                                  Joel Rebello

Comment

It was working fine without those lines before?
                                    Checked your soldering?
                                    Places to buy from: eBay, ShopJimmy, FlatTVParts

Comment

It was working fine before the AS15 chip replacement - without any vertical red bars on the right side,
                                      but with the negative image and hazy picture issue as mentioned earlier in this thread..
                                      I'll recheck the soldering, is there anything else I can check - voltage levels to the AS15-HG chip, maybe ?

Thanks for the help and vendor links!

Regards,
                                      Joel

Comment

Ive done a few of these and even if you screw up the soldering Ive never seen the vertical lines caused from this chip just color issues on the entire screen, it sounds like a different issue..

Comment

Working...
                                        X