Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP47460 On Then Back Off

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
    So non of the voltages still dont come up, just check the soldering on that chip no offence but it looks a little rough.
    The voltages do come up, just like they always have. Then they drop out, just like they always have. You really think the soldering looks rough? The extra flux looks bad, but the soldering itself looks fine to me. Out of curiosity, why are you so focused on that chip? The power supply cuts out regardless if the main is connected or not. I'm not saying the chip is good, just that there is more going on than just that chip.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      So PFC is o.k. then
      I apparently haven't done my homework like I say I have. I have a few TVs I'm working on at the same time. As of right now, the backlights come on for a second, but the main cap never goes above 168V. Either my meter isn't fast enough to catch it (it doesn't even flutter, if anything, it drops a volt or two before the lights cut off) or the PFC isn't working. I apologize for saying otherwise. I must have gotten the two power supplies mixed up. It's surprising to me that the backlights would come on at all if the PFC wasn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
        The voltages do come up, just like they always have. Then they drop out, just like they always have. You really think the soldering looks rough? The extra flux looks bad, but the soldering itself looks fine to me. Out of curiosity, why are you so focused on that chip? The power supply cuts out regardless if the main is connected or not. I'm not saying the chip is good, just that there is more going on than just that chip.
        You said it was bad and had to replace it, have you checked for sorts all over the psu board ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
          I apparently haven't done my homework like I say I have. I have a few TVs I'm working on at the same time. As of right now, the backlights come on for a second, but the main cap never goes above 168V. Either my meter isn't fast enough to catch it (it doesn't even flutter, if anything, it drops a volt or two before the lights cut off) or the PFC isn't working. I apologize for saying otherwise. I must have gotten the two power supplies mixed up. It's surprising to me that the backlights would come on at all if the PFC wasn't working.
          So your pfc isnt running, have you checked all the controllers and diodes for the pfc circuit, also check the bridge rectifyer.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
            You said it was bad and had to replace it, have you checked for sorts all over the psu board ?
            I never said that. I said I pulled it off and the problem persisted, so I put it back on. Yes, I have tested for shorts. I haven't found any yet.
            Last edited by johnboy1313; 02-28-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Maybe you damaged it While pulling it off?

Comment

I didn't really pull it off. I used hot air. It kinda just slid off. It may in fact be damaged, but for right now I'm sure the power supply isn't working. Shopjimmy sells a kit for this exact condition for $22. It's not my money to spend so I gotta talk to my buddy about it. I'm pretty sure the FETs and diodes are good in the PFC but I'm not sure about IC602 on the bottom. It's a 16 leg chip. There's no markings on it that I can see. If I knew what that chip was, I'd probably just source it by itself. Once I'm sure the PSU is working, I'll look at that IC1670 if the set doesn't come on.

Comment

Post a high res pick of it, maybe you are lucky enouh and someone IDs it for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X