Vivid AC 32LHC1 no menus or picture, BL ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivid AC 32LHC1 no menus or picture, BL ok

Had this set slow to start so recapped PS and all OK, tested it over a week or two off and on and all good. It went to a new home and lasted two days when no picture but backlights and sound OK. Checked all voltages as OK including 12v to inverter. No menus coming up so I'm thinking inverter but fuse is ok and main board output could also be sus. One difference I notice is red light coming out of SPDIF connection - don't recall this was happening before as it reflects off stand base - could someone have poked something wrong into this but would that cause picture problem? These sets are Aldi variant marketed under different names and little info available. Ideas for components to check appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Vivid AC 32LHC1 no menus or picture, BL ok

have you got your 12v at t-con?

though i have a feeling that these have the integrated t-con on the panel driver board, but can't quite remember.
    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

attainteddragon I'm at a bit of a loss as to exact situation of t-con. The lvds goes straight from main into interior of set with usual thin coloured wires. The panel driver (3rd pic) has 8 cream wires going to it and no more - that was the fuse I checked at that end thinking inverter must be integrated. Of course it may be one of the hidden ones somewhere inside the set. Feed from driver board doesn't look like usual inverter type but nothing surprises me with these mass produced generics these days!!! That board is held in by full shielding cover will check its voltages tomorrow.

Comment

weird. don't think that i have fixed or parted out one of these yet.

vivid is the brand name they used prior to bauhn.

since you have back lights, there will be no problem with the inverter, and you obviously have ps/on active to turn the inverter on.

on the lvds cable that goes into the panel, there would need to be a 12v source. looks like the red wires. do you have the 12v on them?

Comment

Thanks for that info. Yes all is working normally with the set except no screen display. I measured 12v at lvds connector outlet on main board. Will have to delve a bit deeper even just for the learning curve. Aldi has 32" out now for $199 and Kogan less than that recently so they really are throwaway these days. In this case my suspicion is the 90+ y.o. lady who got this set may have cleaned the screen with spray and wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
            In this case my suspicion is the 90+ y.o. lady who got this set may have cleaned the screen with spray and wipe.
            hope that isn't the case.

if you open her up (the tv that is), post a pic, as i would like to see how the rest of it is hooked up together.

good luck.

Comment

Undid the panel carrying power and main then took out lvds and another connection which allowed me room to lift and slide that panel down just far enough to expose t-con at top of set and it has the usual screen flat straps. Now the problem is can't test it as is in circuit but at least the fuse is OK. Can get one of these about $20 all up. Need to go over mainboard though checking what I can as won't be able to find service info I'm sure.
              Attached Files

Comment

And the t-con pic for info
                Attached Files

Comment

ahhh, that makes more sense now.

you don't have a scope, do you?

Comment

2 connectors from t-con. leave one hooked up and see if you get half a picture.

Comment

No scope I have mm, soldering iron, screwdrivers, and a somewhat scrambled brain!! That's it.
                      From front of screen left lhs of tcon connected and put the main panel back up over it plugged in the power while set face down and carefully lifted up that side to see no signal message there so pressed menu button and got that up as well. Little doubt tcon gone so ordered replacement at cost $20 plus about 4/6 weeks wait.

Comment

i have one of those brains as well. it doesn't play well with me. :p

be prepared for it to be a panel fault too.

Comment

Yes the scrambled brain is seen in post 1 where I wrote inverter twice instead of tcon!! Just for interest of 10 sets recently fixed 4 were power supply bad caps, 3 bad tcons, and 3 inverter or balancer boards.

Comment

With reference to post #1 the red led in SPDIF indicates it is turned on and working so should be able to turn it off in sound menu in due course.

Comment

To finalise this post got another tcon from China only $13 all up and it has fixed that problem. These sets are a nuisance to work on as had to reassemble a fair bit of it just to check working or not but luckily all OK.

Comment

awesome, it wasn't panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X