Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 50PFP5332D/37 8 blink code (thermal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 50PFP5332D/37 8 blink code (thermal)

Fixing a Philips 50PFP5332D/37. The power board had a blink code 8 for thermal. Checked the thermal resistor and it checks out fine lowering the ohms when being heated. I can't find anything on this TV as far as repair manuals so I am at a loss. There is no standby voltage. Any suggestions would help.
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 50PFP5332D/37 8 blink code (thermal)

Caps around thermal show as good. Transistor doesn't show as stuck open but I can't open gate unless put 9 volts or more on it. Even then only stays open for a second. Bridge rectifier shows that it is working only on last pin reads double the ohms as the rest.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Could we get pictures of the back of the TV with the rear cover removed so we could see how the various boards are connected?

Comment

Here is the back of the TV and some closeups of the powerboats connections. Board is a LJ92-0511A.
          Attached Files

Comment

With all the boards connected measure the Std-by 5V. Once you have that. Unplug the connectors with Vs supply on the PSU from the Y-SUS and X-SUS Bds. Measure the Vs voltage. It should be 200-215Vdc if produced.

Comment

OK I will check it again when I get home. Last time I checked I wasn't getting any power to anything. All pins showed 0v. But that's while boards were disconnected.

Comment

Stand by shows as 7 volts. There is no measurements from vs pins.

Comment

The thermister sits at 70 ohms at room temp but lowered when Heated.

Comment

Working...
                  X