Vizio M701d-A3 Horizontal black line issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M701d-A3 Horizontal black line issue

Purchased this TV on a whim off of Craigslist, before I did much research on it. There are three horizontal lines on the screen. Before I scrap it, I figured I'd check here to see if it's fixable. I've taken out the boards, and cleaned them, as well as the ribbon cables. Have also tried to twist the TV to see if the lines would go away, but no luck. From what I've read, it seems like a panel issue, but wanted to confirm here.

Any & all help is appreciated.

See next post for pictures.

Re: Vizio M701d-A3 Horizontal black line issue

Pictures attached

Sorry guys, no idea how the second picture came in upside down.

There is also a 3rd line at the very top of the screen. Hard to see, with the black at the top. That one goes all the way across the screen, unlike the other two.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hamm; 01-19-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

well, since you purchased before "researching", now you can do that... :-)
      your problem is a "standard panel issue" with the side tab drivers. They are not repairable BUT the set can be SAVED. Search the forum for the many threads on this type of set (vizio 70 and equivalent sharp which is maker of the panel). Lots of people have achieved a working set again by removing the tabs along one side.

Comment

I figured for $100, it was well worth it. I will search for those. I did try to press on the sides while it was on, but nothing happened.

Comment

It will likely be $100 well spent... :-) good luck, proceed carefully. "twisting" the panel usually doesn't help with this issue.

Comment

I'll check on it once I get home. I'm finding a little bit of information, but just to clarify, i'll be removing (disconnecting) a ribbon cable from the side of the TV, correct?

Comment

Ok, so I went ahead and removed the side tabs, but I've got a new issue. The top line is still there, which isn't a huge deal. The main problem now is the middle of the screen is significantly more dim than the rest of the screen. Any ideas? Pictures in next post.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

@Hamm Did you resolve the horizontal line issue? If so, what fixed it. This issue just presented itself to me last night and looking into troubleshooting and repair options. Thank you for your help!

Comment

@budwich I have the same model as is listed in this post. Do you think I should try the tab removal to correct a horizontal black line issue. It is a about 5 pixels high and runs from the right to left of the screen fading out at about 95% of the screen running. It is positioned about 4 inches from the top of the screen. Let me know. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Good chance it is a problem with the side... BUT I would do some visual checks on the side tabs to see if you can confirm that something is up with the ones that you "suspect".
                      Pulling the tabs is a "one way street" with no going back.

Comment

Good point! I will be sure to do that before proceeding. Is it possible to pull the front bezel and perform the checks with it mounted or do I need to remove the back cover to properly check? Here is an image showing what I am experiencing on the screen. Thank you again for you help and insight!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov6pxh8bc4..._5192.jpg?dl=0
                        Last edited by russelldanielj; 10-26-2017, 11:06 AM. Reason: Changed image URL

Comment

Working...
                        X