Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eMachines E732 won't boot

Hi guys,

I have an Acer eMachines E732 laptop that's giving me problems. It was left powered down for a week while I was on holiday and was stone dead (absolutely nothing happening when power button pressed) when I got back. I tried my spare battery & a different charger - no joy. I decided after a Google session that the motherboard was possibly borked and acquired a new one. It's showing some signs of life now but still won't boot.

When you hit the power button the power LED & fan come on for about 8 seconds, the cut out for about 4 then come on again. The other LEDs stay off. It doesn't get as far as POST.

I suspect I'm missing something really obvious but I'm not sure what to try next.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Scruff

Re: eMachines E732 won't boot

Check power button assembly and try a new cpu.

I dont think the second board its bad .

The rest. Memory screen cable cpu.
    Try to take the powet buttin out and check only with mainboard cpu ram and a external screen.

You will think i lie if i tell you i got over 20 boards for spare and the problem was the power buttin or dc jack
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Re: eMachines E732 won't boot

Ok, tried another CPU with no effect.

Tried it initially without RAM or drives, onboard screen cable unplugged (used an external screen) - same symptoms.

Plugged in each of the above one at a time - same symptoms each time.

Power button & DC jack are both on the mobo, not separate plug-in assemblies.

At a bit of a loss over what to try next with this one...

Comment

Working...
      X