X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLD model macbook pro intel , problems

I guys , so i received a macbook pro old model with intel dual core 2.40ghz
    board model 820-2249-A with power board model 820-2273-A A1260

Well client arrived mentioning , it was no more charging or lighthing up the magsafe connector but was working with the battery until battery dies (then no more glory ) also we couldn't carry out test to know the veracity of his history .
    cheked the charger and its ok and working. so we have ordered the power board , since its usual in this machine to damage powerboard.
    Board arrived today we have made install .. but no glory no light on magsafe and also not turning on or even charging battery , i disassembly the entire board with power connector just connect everything outside and noticed that both powerboard get hot on a bloody resistor , (470 is what he have marked on it R6907 to be more exact (this on powerboard ) no my doubts is (was this board damaged as well (bought a from a supplyer from france , with 6 month warranty indicating was working 100% perfect or might be my main board damaging this ?im stucked and reallly would like to know what the hell is going on and if anyone ever had such problem ?btw if anyone can share this schematic would be very nice

Re: OLD model macbook pro intel , problems

hi, im getting mad with macbook from long time. its is a white model ?

edit: seen it is a 15 inch.

disconnect cable from power board to mainboard and see if it get still hot.
    Last edited by dellxps15; 09-04-2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Re: OLD model macbook pro intel , problems

no it dont , it only warm up when the yellow big flat cable is attached to mainboard , for what i could figure , this happen due to a main IC on the logic board , (it works with battery ) but with DC not . so now i must find were the hell is that IC (mentioned by a friend that repair macs , he says its often .
      Its a 2008 model , alluminium (like the old g4 type but intel .

EDIT: client says it didnt work both way (cheking battery status its a midle charger , so not working in any way .
      Last edited by highpulse; 09-05-2014, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X