VA2226W cycling colors on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA2226W cycling colors on screen

When plugged in this monitor will immediately start cycling through solid colors on the screen. Alternating every couple of seconds between blue, green, red, white, and grey. I have read that there is a color test mode that can be exited by pressing a certain button combination when powering on but there seems to be no way of escaping this in this monitor.
    I'm not sure that the color test is the problem since the unit starts cycling immediately after plugging in the power cable without pressing the power button. Also I can not turn the unit off with the power button. The osd is also not responsive.
    I have examined the boards and do not see anything that would indicate a bad component. Pictures are available below. I dont know if this screen will be repairable, it may be a failed logic board. But I thought I would ask here before throwing it out.
    Attached Files

Re: VA2226W cycling colors on screen

Hook it up to a working computer and turn it on. I had a 17" that was doing the test pattern and that was what got it to come out of it.

Comment

Re: VA2226W cycling colors on screen

Thanks, I got it working. Turns out that the osd was locked as well as the power button. I held up + #1 to unlock the power button and down + #2 to unlock the osd. I was then able to reset everything from the osd and it is working fine. I guess I never had to take it apart in the first place.

Comment

Working...
      X