Panasonic FR Series in PSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic FR Series in PSU?

I've found a Panasonic FR series 16v 4700uF 12.5mm x 35mm cap and was wondering if it would be acceptable for use in a PSU that originally was filled with Teapo SC series. It's a Silverstone SST-ST65ZF. Going to be used in a server.

Part # EEUFR1C472L

Specs:

3750 ripple @ 100kHz

.012 impedance @ 100kHz

10000 endurance hrs

They are listed in the spec sheet as Low ESR (Same as FM Series)

Re: Panasonic FR Series in PSU?

yes.
    i use them in psu's all the time.

Comment

Any suggestions for a 16v 2200uF 10mm cap also for PSU?

I see badcaps offers the Rubycon PX series in that size but the ripple for PX is 1050 w/ impedence ?? and the teapo ripple is rated at 1780 w/ .032 impedence.

Comment

2200uf 16v 10mm is available in panasonic FK series.

Comment

Not to be a pest but the FK series are all surface mount as far as I can find.

Do you possibly have a part number when you've ordered one before?

Comment

FK are not smd.
            Attached Files

Comment

For 16V 2200uF in 10mm diameter use either Panasonic FK or Samxon RS.

RS is sold on eBay by a forum member here:
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/301167868355

note: These are 3300uF and not 2200uF, but they will be just fine.

If you want Panasonic FK, you can get them at Newark.

EEVFK are SMD and EEUFK are through-hole. The ones I linked you to are through-hole.
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I very much appreciate the info.

I think what I will do is use all Panasonic caps in the PSU using the FR series for all values except the 16v 2200uF 10mm where I will use FK instead.

What do you think?

Comment

sounds good, dont overlook any very small caps - those are the ones that can make it act dead.
                  you may not find FR/FK for very small caps.
                  if that happens then you can use panasonic FC or rubycon YXG or a few other good ones.

Comment

FWIW, United/Nippon Chemi-Con has KYB 16v 4700uF 12.5mmx35mm which is made in Japan for a cheaper price which was what I used to fix a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 450ATX power supply recently, I was also looking at the Panasonic FR which has a lower impedance and ripple. Basically I Panasonic TS-ED for the 2x200v 1000uF Primary caps and for the secondary caps, it was a majority United/Nippon Chemi-Con KY/KYB and then Panasonic FR for the 50v 22uF, Nichicon PW for 10v 47uF, Rubycon ZLH for 25v 68uF, Rubycon YXJ for 50v 1uF, Panasonic FR for 25v 47uF.

Specs are as follows:
                    3140 ripple @ 100kHz

0.018 impedance @ 100kHz 20C and 0.072 impedance @ 100kHz at -10C

10,000 endurance hrs
                    Last edited by Almighty1; 10-24-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty1 View Post
                      FWIW, United/Nippon Chemi-Con has KYB 16v 4700uF 12.5mmx35mm which is made in Japan for a cheaper price which was what I used to fix a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 450ATX power supply recently, I was also looking at the Panasonic FR which has a lower impedance and ripple.
                      The Panasonic FR are on sale for 0.72 at Newark. I doubt you can get KYx for less at Digikey.
                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Hmm, $0.72 is cheap as when I was buying caps a month ago, the FR was $1.64 and the KYB was $1.31. Does Newark offer the same low price shipping as mouser and digikey?
                        Last edited by Almighty1; 10-26-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Yes, I believe so... The shipping to Canada used to be a lot, but a couple of years back they scaled back the waste in the shipping department and matched Digikey's $8 to Canada.

I usually use Digikey when I need the part fast, because Digikey packages often arrive overnight to Canada whereas I might have to wait a week for Newark and even longer for Mouser.

Comment

Working...
                          X