hi recapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi recapping

hi guys i just want to ask if my board can be rapaired by recapping im new to the business but i have some soldering skills ahm i have ahn mcp6p m+ board and it just doesnt boot i have tried everything i mean everything i know tried different ram vc psu but nothing no luck the board has been wet by the rain last week and when i boot it up it smell something burned on one of the capacitor.by the way i have searched here in my town where i can buy a 16v 1500 uf but the store told me that they dont have any supply for that kind of board instead they gave me 16v 2200 uf is this good enough?? hope you all reply thanks!

Re: hi recapping

bump!

Comment

Re: hi recapping

This is a BIOSTAR AM2+ board, which means its very recent. Bad caps are unlikely.

Did the board work fine before getting wet? You will need to remove the board from the case, then remove all the removable parts from the board and dry the board and dry all components thoroughly first. That means removing all removable heatsinks, the RAM, the CMOS battery etc.

Is your power supply dry?

Get everything dry and then see what happens. Don't even think of replacing capacitors til everything is dried out.

Comment

Working...
      X