Panasonic TH-37PX80EA thunder lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-37PX80EA thunder lightning

Hello, i got thin Panasonic plasma with thunder lightning hit. TV wont start, it wont show any sign of life. I check and power do not came to the bridge rectifier. I do not hear reley click.

All fuse are ok, and i have 5V on pasive coil (i tink this is stand by)
    Attached Files
    ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Re: Panasonic TH-37PX80EA thunder lightning

direct hit, or nearby hit?

and get a schematic for the psu - your probably going to need it.

Comment

Nearby hit, i am searching for schematic.

Comment

5v standby, no relay clicks,

Is the standby LED lit?

No blown fuses

I say most likely A-board

You won't see voltage at the bridge unless those relays latch and it's the A-board that sends that signal.
        Anything else die that was connected to the TV?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-05-2015, 03:34 AM.

Comment

No standby LED. Yes my friend watch movie on TV that was connected with PC via HDMI. Lightning hit 20m from his house. Modem died, PC die and TV

I think lightning enter the PC over LAN cable

Comment

The tv's that i repaired with lightning strikes were all mainboard repair. ( No led / completely dead ).
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
              No standby LED. Yes my friend watch movie on TV that was connected with PC via HDMI. Lightning hit 20m from his house. Modem died, PC die and TV

I think lightning enter the PC over LAN cable
              I think you have your answer then. I had a close strike probably as close as yours and it went through a lot of things.

Antenna amp died, the set top box connected to that lost hdmi the Tv was running that box on hdmi and that port is now dead, lucky rest of A board survived and the other HDMI are ok. then we had lights, fans and the ELCB ccts blown.

rip the a board and see if there's any evidence of burning near the HDMI ports

finding an A board is probably the easiest solution

Comment

you can get the manual from Elektrotanya, my ISP loves resetting the connection whenever I try to upload over about 16mb

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  you can get the manual from Elektrotanya, my ISP loves resetting the connection whenever I try to upload over about 16mb
                  sounds like an invisible proxy may be in place.
                  wouldnt surprise me if that little bitch tony abot was routing everything through pine-gap still.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    sounds like an invisible proxy may be in place.
                    wouldnt surprise me if that little bitch tony abot was routing everything through pine-gap still.

Invisible proxy? please explain

I think it's a Telstra thing

Actually Pm me rather than go way off topic with a whole lot of stuff

Comment

well i downloaded the schematics. And i find out that i do not have 5V anywhere on output of P-board. I think it is lost somewhere. All pins on P5, P7 and P25 are 0V.

Last edited by rtstorm; 08-06-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Maybe the IC501 wont sent signal to switch FET (Q537)

Comment

Sounds more like a network driver or a firewall issue. Maybe a faulty router. Is that occurring at other sites?
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

hey is it possible that IC501 has failed? It do not send signal to switch 5V. I tested P-board widouth other boards (i do not think it receive signal from other boards)

Is this some custom IC, i cannot find any datasheet
                            Attached Files

Comment

is it ok to shorten the 5V, like the IC has switched it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
                                is it ok to shorten the 5V, like the IC has switched it.
                                you could try jumping that 5v across and you may be right if the 5v needs to be switched by the P board that the P board maybe at fault. The newer models are different but I don't have the experience with these older models but following that flowchart with what you're saying now I believe it suggests p board with no standby voltage at any of those connectors you mentioned.

How do you read it?

Comment

Invisible proxy? please explain

I think it's a Telstra thing

Actually Pm me rather than go way off topic with a whole lot of stuff
                                  invisible proxy is where your connection is intercepted and routed through someone elses network so the data can be logged or analysed.

Comment

hello, i try to short 5V but now i only have STBY5V on pin9 of P25 connector. TV still wont turn on. There may be fault in IC520 (witch turn on main power)

Problem is that i do not know anything about that IC's, is it some custom Panasonic IC.

Do you guys know any detail or suggest anything else to try?

Comment

i found datasheet of that IC, can someone take a look at it please? Is this IC have data that need to be programmed? and would this IC need to close those switch Q537,Q555 by itself or it receive signal from A-board.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

can i short the Q555 also to get +15V ?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X