SAMSUNG ue40d6510 TURNING OFF AFTER 15secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAMSUNG ue40d6510 TURNING OFF AFTER 15secs

In you second picture in post one theres a connector not connected where does that go to? have you had it connected during these tests etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      In you second picture in post one theres a connector not connected where does that go to? have you had it connected during these tests etc.
      i think thats the speaker connection Vince!

Comment

i didnt think of that too be honest.

Comment

does the red light go off when on and after 15secs does the red light come back on again or does the screen just go blank?
          chances are its an led driver or led strip the screen may have to be stripped down

Comment

yes i checked some of the caps and some seem lower than others comparing them to one side by side which i would presume would be the same. Ive been told to take these out and check them out of circuit. Any help would be appreciated in the right direction on what to check.Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by andrews7523 View Post
              yes i checked some of the caps and some seem lower than others comparing them to one side by side which i would presume would be the same. Ive been told to take these out and check them out of circuit. Any help would be appreciated in the right direction on what to check.Thanks
              you need an ESR meter to check caps properly you cant do it on the board as theyre often in series or have other componants that will give wrong readings...
              these are one of the best to get
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEAK-ATLAS...AAAOSwNSxVYJnd

are you sure you connected the mains when you took off the harness to the mainboard ? its worth checking again, try reseating all plugs and cables careful not to damage any in the proscess
              Last edited by comptek; 11-26-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

yes i have

Comment

does the standby light go off ? as if the tv is turned off is there still sound ? meaning is it the lights just go off

Comment

theres no standby light as thats connected to the main board, no lights, no sound nothing

Comment

when its connected up as it was when you opened it

Comment

if its plugged as normal with everything connected it comes on as normal then switches itself off after 15secs. The standby light stays on screen and everything else goes off its not the backlights. if turned back on the same thing happens again

Comment

Working...
                        X