Prizmo PLK-3268 comes on but goes out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prizmo PLK-3268 comes on but goes out.

I've been working on my brother-in-laws TV. As the title of the thread explains, it comes on, you get the Prizmo splash screen then it goes black and nothing else. It will turn back of, but if you turn it on, it does the same thing. This thread is to explain what I did to get his TV working again.

Attached you will find photos of the PS-Inverter board. I replaced the 4 Caps that rate at 25v, they are found at C17F, C21F, C22F, and C23F. They are 470uf 25v and 1000uf 25v. I replaced these with low ESR value Caps by both Rubicon and Panasonic, as those are the only ones I had on hand. Be sure they are low ESR values. Also note the voltage ratings printed on the big Cap as a reference, it's rated 100uf at 450v.

As a safety measure, while I had the board out and the soldering iron hot. I resoldered the connections on D8F, D9F, and Q4F. I've resoldered some of these components in the past as a fix for various flat screens.

I hope this will help someone with the same problem. As I said, I searched the internet and couldn't find anything on this model. Problem solved on this unit, however, this may or may not work for your TV. I offer this as something to try as 4 Caps and a little solder is a lot less than a new TV. It won't hurt to try it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DesertRat; 04-02-2015, 11:09 AM.
Working...
X