DGM L-2362WD burnt XFMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DGM L-2362WD burnt XFMR

Hello, I have a DGM L-2362WD with a burnt ccfl transformer.

The number on the transformer is DP-1EEL19-018aH.

Is the 018aH a power rating ? I can find similar marked transformers from china but they have a -13aH at the end.

I also have a pair of used 8TC00149 from a 17" monitor are these compatible ?

thanks
    Attached Files

Re: DGM L-2362WD burnt XFMR

Doubt very much if they would be compatible, as the 17" ones would probably not give enough Output to drives the larger CCFLs.As far as the numbering on these things go, in a lot of cases it is just the first part that is the important one,but not in all !!!I have a lot of spare boards etc, so will have a look and see if I have the ones you need.

Comment

Thanks Rtech, after posting last night i thought I'd fit them anyway just to to see if it cured the problem. As suspected they weren't as bright as the old ones, but the back light still goes out after 2 seconds, so i'm going to figure out what else is wrong first.

Comment

They may be going off after 2 seconds because you have incorrect transformers
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

i did wonder Agent24 if that was the case as i have removed and checked most of the components on the board.

I shall continue my quest for the correct transformers.

Thanks.

Comment

Wait. I just re-read your post. You said the lamps still go out after 2 seconds. Were they going out before you replaced the transformers?

Did you check capacitors for high ESR? Bad ones often case 2-second shutdowns in LCDs
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Have searched,but I don't have the ones you need I'm Afraid.

Comment

Agent24, I've checked all of the caps for high ESR but your comment about being the incorrect transformers makes sense as they were just a couple i pulled off a random board i had laying about from a 17" screen.

Thanks for looking Rtech.

I shall continue my search

Comment

Working...
                X