LCD Vertical Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Vertical Adjustment

Hello,Just had a question about what circuit controls the vertical adjustment for a main PCB on an Acer AL 1716 Display. I changed out all the Caps but that did not fix the issue. The Icons for instance are all stretched out verically and I can't adjust it to look normal. Same with all text and web pages. The light and color are fine and the screen boots up normally. Just have this vertical alignment issue which I can't fix. Drivin me nuts. Any suggestions??
    Thank you

Re: LCD Vertical Adjustment

Is it screwed or normal while the BIOS screen is up?
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Thank you for the response-you must be an early riser too!! It looks normal during the boot but it is hard to tell with just text.

Comment

When it compresses or stretches usually a frequency is wrong.
        While the BIOS is 'up' the video card is sending a basic and standard signal. [And I think it's at 60Hz.]
        When the OS comes up it changes to the video card settings.
        So, if it works okay in the BIOS then it's more likely in the video card settings than in the screen.
        Try setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz.
        That's the standard for most LCD screens anyway.
        [They don't flicker at 60Hz. Setting it higher just wears out the screen faster.]
        Last edited by PCBONEZ; 01-25-2012, 04:15 AM.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Look up the native resolution of the monitor. Also, as others have said verify you have the correct.refresh rate. If all else fails try a different computer and see if you still have the some porobme. If its a 17" chances are native resolution is 1280x1024.

Comment

Thank you for the input. I will followup when I get the LCD back together. The caps on the PCB look ok, no swelling or cracks. I replaced all the caps on the power PCB but did not touch the video PCB. Thanks again.

Comment

Thing is with a frequency issue if it's not in the video card the next suspect is the Video board in the screen or in some cases a daughter board to it.
              [Don't recall the name just now...]

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

Thank you for the input, I will have to play with this issue a while to figure what exactly the culprit is. Let you know how the repair is coming along.

Comment

Working...
                X