LG 50PA5500 NO power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PA5500 NO power

So here is the problem. I have a LG 50PA5500 that took a power surge through the HDMI port. It would not power up or anything. I replaced the power board and still had nothing. So i disconnected all cables coming off the power board. When i plugged in to power i heard a click and herd some humming(good sound I hope). I then proceeded to plug in the cable that was near the slot labeled VATP on the power board all went well still have power. As soon as I plug in the cable going to the main board pt #EBT 62145301(where the HDMI ports are at) I loose power. With that being said do I have a bad main board too? I know when i check voltage i do have it at the cable that plugs into the main board.

Re: LG 50PA5500 NO power

If you had power surge through hdmi then you will have damaged main board.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Follow up. I have replaced power board(which gave me power finally, and replaced main board which has given me standby by power and ability to turn off and on, however i still have no picture. When I turn unit on i see a quick flash of the screen then nothing total blackness. Any ideas would be nice.

Comment

Can you see some points on the control board (middle green board) marked EXT AUTO GEN
        Put a wire link between these then disconnect the cable between the control board and the main board
        If you see test patterns, the main board is probably at fault
        If not, something else is wrong.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ooohhhhh pretty colors and movement. That worked I have a test pattern but I just replaced the main board, the original main board did not even allow a power up. Could the y sus or z sus be bad? Damn lightning did some damage. Thanks for the help tom66
          Last edited by lajabba1985; 07-01-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

No since you got test patterns everything except the main board is good. I'm assuming all the colours looked good with no obvious distortion/etc.
            You got a bad main board, so send it back to the seller and ask for a refund/replacement.
            All too common for people to buy faulty boards and replace the wrong things.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
            X