Monitor caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor caps

New guy here. My monitor went out so now I am doing all of my home computer stuff from my cell phone. Not fun, trust me.

My monitor one day just went to a straight black screen. Thinking it was a part in my tower I switched everything over to some old parts I had laying around. Didn't fix it. When I went to turn my monitor off and then on again I noticed a squealing sound coming from the monitor.

I then broke my monitor down to get to the main board. I don't know if the caps are blown but 2 of them appear to be.

Can I get replacements at radio shack or another local store? Tallahassee, Fl

Re: Monitor caps

Try Digikey or Mouser. Radio Shack does not carry the appropriate caps. Unsolder those caps out of the board and tell us what it says on them.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      Try Digikey or Mouser. Radio Shack does not carry the appropriate caps. Unsolder those caps out of the board and tell us what it says on them.
      Unsolder all of them or just what I think might be blown? About how much should it cost me to do them all?

Comment

It's quite hard to tell you the prices "across the pond"

A few dollars anyway, not much. An ESR meter will tell you which ones to replace if you don't want to replace all of them, but will cost you several times more than all caps.

Comment

Working...
        X