Panasonic TX-P42GT50B occasionally UI freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P42GT50B occasionally UI freezing

Got an odd one, bought this TV working a few months ago for myself (eBay bargain, cost me £117) and no problems thus far. At the time, no trouble codes on the TV, and only 4000 hours usage. Been having a problem with the TV where sometimes the user interface freezes completely, no response from the remote, but the picture and sound are fine. Usually happens after leaving the smart TV function or switching from Freeview to HDMI.

Oddly enough if you turn it off using the remote, it responds to that, but if you turn it back on, it is still frozen. It also turns on much quicker than normal (like in 2 seconds instead of 10 seconds.) Power cycling at the mains seems to sort the problem out.

Hoping it's not a main board because that'll probably set me back more than the TV cost! Maybe resolvable through a firmware update.

Anyone heard of this issue?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Panasonic TX-P42GT50B occasionally UI freezing

Sounds just like firmware glitches Tom, however I am aware the boards used in that set are prone to Bga solder issues on the main cpu etc. Maybe factory reset it and try a firmware upgrade.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

My VT50 does not have any problems with the smart function. Mine has the latest firmware.

I got the 50GT50 mainboard. Can always send it if you want to try it out , not sure if it would work in a 42inch though.

Panasonic website says the following about the 42/50GT50 firmware:

Jun. 24, 2014
      Ver. 1.630
      Improvement of network functions.
      Last edited by Moreno83; 10-04-2016, 02:58 PM.
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Found the issue, it was the USB hard disk I had attached to it for recording. If I remove that while it's frozen, it responds immediately. It's my fault for getting a cheap one, I'll be sending this one back to the manufacturer for a refund as it seems to have some kind of issue.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

LOL, makes sense now. I was definitely thinking A-board with the issue originally.

Comment

Working...
          X