Damaged mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged mobo

Hi, I was wondering if any repairers have come accross this fault and successfully fixed it? Basically I removed an external drive during post and it caused the pc to re-boot and then hang pre post, no video. The only way to get it back on is to leave it unplugged for about 8 hrs, once its running it is ultra stable 24/7 but If I shut it down thats another 8 hrs with no pc. Ive updated the bios hoping it was just corrupted but this has made no diff, the other wiered thing is that 50% of the time when ive turned it back on I have to totally reconfig the Bios, this is a pain as its overclocked, a bit.....
    I guess I have spiked an ic somewere but I cant afford the trial and error replacement option, If someone supplies Bios chips and they dont cost the earth then I dont mind giving that a go. Does anyone else think this could be the likely candidate?
    The board is a P5K Premium WiFi Black Pearl.

Many Thanks

Alan

Re: Damaged mobo

usually if the bios is not remembering the settings and having to be redone, it is usually because of a compatibility issue with the processor (maybe overclocked but not the proper settings for voltage, etc.) or the CMOS battery is going dead (Usually a CR2032 button watch style battery)

Does it only do this when it is overclocked or have you checked it with factory settings to what the parts are rated for?

Comment

Re: Damaged mobo

Originally posted by kaniki
      usually if the bios is not remembering the settings and having to be redone, it is usually because of a compatibility issue with the processor (maybe overclocked but not the proper settings for voltage, etc.) or the CMOS battery is going dead (Usually a CR2032 button watch style battery)

Does it only do this when it is overclocked or have you checked it with factory settings to what the parts are rated for?
      Thanks for the reply Kaniki, as I said the fault occured when I unplugged an external usb drive during post, it doesnt re-set the bios everytime but it does hang with no video and no post everytime. I have tried it with standard settings but that was just a shot in the dark, the components are rated at there overclocked spec.

Comment

Working...
      X