This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member here. Got a old Plasma Samsung 5054 TV that has died and looking for help!

Comment

Let me say hello to all. The name is Raymond. I live in the caribbean where the weather is warm and the people are equally as warm. I got into computers commercially some 16 years ago. This was after being involved firstly in cabinet-making then marketing. I have my own small company through which I offer out-sourcing services to small and medium size enterprises. I do not do programming I do only hardware and software installations and maintenance. I am interested in doing some programming but have not yet made the time to get started. Joining this community came about as a result of wishing to help in solving a problem which I encountered with a motherboard which I suspect to be electrical. I am therefore looking forward to gaining the know-how by reading your post and asking questions.

Regards everyone.

Comment

Hello my name is Dalibor.I'm from Croatia,the island of Krk.I repair electronics as a hobby.

Comment

Hello Everyone--

I'm the newbie, and am trying to get some repair info on my panasonic plasma.
          Well traveled and slightly skilled, I just moved back to Florida with my lovely wife of almost 29 years. The polar vortex winter of last year taught me to never leave the Sunshine State. I've been in the landscape bizz for over 30 years, and am currently working for a smaller maintenance company in the Tampa Bay area as their General Manager. It's nice to be 10 minutes from the beach and leave the corn fields of Indiana. Anyway, I enjoy fixing things, and I'm hoping the wisdom on this forum can help me out. Hope all is well, and thanks for the vine--

Steve

Comment

Hello to all,

I found this forum searching for info on how to repair an MB. Great to have a place to share info. There are more and more computers with small defects that can easily be repaired, once located. What a waste to throw them away and recycle. The challenge is finding schematics and details how to locate a fault. Right now I am working on a Compaq CQ62 that seems completely without power.

Comment

Hello everyone

As a hobby I like to repair dell laptops. Sometimes I need additional information about the hardware so I registered on this forum.

Greetings to all

Comment

hi everyone I'm Tamer from Egypt I work as tech. support at Family Computer Egypt

Comment

Hello all. Greetings from Humgary.Sorry I speak a little English

Comment

Thank you very much for adding me to the forum. Have a great day!

Comment

Sanyo DP42410 (42") I've got my TV hooked up to an antenna. My antenna is on a rotator. My TV remembers the receivable channels after doing a channel scan, if the antenna is pointed "X", but when I rotate the antenna I have to do another channel scan. How can I make the TV remember all channels no matter what direction my antenna is pointed? Or how can I use the remote to tune to a channel that's not on the scan list? It's a Sanyo 42" The model number is DP42410
                      Last edited by Duderman; 09-21-2014, 02:35 PM. Reason: I posted twice

Comment

Hey, I'm Duderman. Thanks for the site, so far I've found it very informitive. I'm an electrical engineer from Atlanta, but recently moved to a small town in Tn. SNEEDVILLE Tn. I'm retired now just remodeling an old farmhouse and enjoying free TV via my antenna. Again, thanks for your site.

Comment

I'm very sorry. I'm have trouble navigating your site. Now I can't get rid of the post. I know that it's posted in the wrong place. I'm very sorry.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm coming from Bosnia&Herzegovina (Gorazde town) and i'm beginner in electronics. I hope I'll found interesting stuff on these forums.

Best regards,

Mursel

Comment

Hey, guys I really like the forum so I finally decided to register.
                              I've been fixing electronics (90% of which are computers) since I was 12 (or maybe even smaller). But I'm not very good with TVs which is mostly why I registered here. I have a HITACHI P50TP01E plasma tv that has no picture and the blue satus led is blincking in blue. I found some bad caps on the power supply, but installing new ones did not fix my problem. Does anyone have any ideas or can point me to a thread about my problem? Btw I read a few threds before making a registration here and I know that there are true experts here that can find my problem in under 10 minutes I just can't seem to find a thread about my tv. :P
                              Anyways thx in advance!
                              Keyboard not detected, press F1 to continue...

Comment

Hi there, I am Timo from Greece. I have studied Computer science some 25 years ago... Currently I design & build medical devices (prototypes) and tele-presence robots (pc on wheels) with my own built CNC mill, 3D printer. Very often I search for laptop schematics for repairs to friends. Thanx in advance to all of you and keep up the good community work.

Comment

Hi there, I am Mark Gray

My background is in micro electronics and have worked in the printed circuit board manufacturing industry for 15 years, mainly in test and repair. I work part time providing repair services for hard to source repairs.

Comment

ok thank you please active my account not open thread

Comment

I joined to hopefully find the info to repair my Samsung LCD TV!

Comment

Hello, I'm Vivi, and I have a question about my monitor settings, but I can't find the appropriate thread to post my question in; an I can't start a new thread. where should I post my question at?

Comment

Hello, Kevin here from Atlanta, GA area...this site looked informative even if full access not granted yet ...when granted, will be posting a question about a Sharp LCD TV...thanks...btw, I'm not an electronics expert by any means but am handy, can reason and follow instructions

Comment

Working...
                                          X