Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P46ST30 Fixed SC Board But Still Have a Display Issue

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    have we tried flicking through all the test patterns in serv mode yet just in case this is A board? Is the Sc20 ribbon ok at both ends, not damaged or corroded? A removed sc20 ribbon will trigger 8 blinks and you said it was intermittent shutdown of 8 blink then just fixed itself?

I would not have expected sc would take out ss either.
    No - how do I look at the test patterns?

Ribbon cable seems ok. I re-seated it to fix the 8 blinks.

Comment

not sure if thisis correct or not, was out of 50x20b

While pressing [VOLUME ( - )] button of the main unit, press [0] button of the remote control three times within 2 seconds.

Comment

if not try

While pressing [VOLUME ( - )] button of the main unit, press [INFO] button of the remote control three times within 2 seconds

Comment

that's to get into service mode, then you push 1 on remote to scroll through until aging comes up, then ok, then 3 to scroll through the different patterns

Comment

that picture of the SC board you uploaded, is that the one currently installed?

If so , can we get a sharper picture si I can see the components and soldering up close.

Looks like a repaired board and one of the coils looks like it's bent

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              They aren't chained on this model. It looks exactly like dodgy SC so can only think of one other possibility and that's bad signals to SC (or possibly SS but seems less likely)

Hard to tell without a 'scope on the outputs, can only do some basic volt checking.

I can't see bad SU/SD causing this.
              I have a basic LCD digital scope if that helps.

I have tried 2 SC board swaps - both of which were tested in a working TV before shipping to me, so I think it is unlikely to be the SC.

Comment

Got a picture of the basic scope? It may be usable...
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The SC board was actually from a slightly different model of TV. The first part of the part number was the same, but the subsequent 2 letters were different - and although it looked identical, it apparently was not. Inserting the correct SC board has resolved the issue.

Comment

Curious what p/n SC was correct and where did you find it in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by aharben View Post
                      Curious what p/n SC was correct and where did you find it in stock?
                      Cant remember now - but the last 2 letters of the part number that are often not quoted do denote a different part! I found it on eBay UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X