Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing some bad caps on my cards

Hi,

I'm new to capacitor replacement and I got a blown Club3D Geforce 9500 GT and an ASUS M2N-SLI mainboard.

On the Geforce I got one blown cap, on the bottom right (picture)
    FZ85 1500uF 6.3V with an Height of 12mm and a diameter of 10mm.

On the M2N-SLI I got 3 blown caps, left of the RAM banks
    TK ATWY 820uF 6.3V with an height of 12mm and a diameter of ~7mm.

Which caps do you recommend as replacements?
    I read that for the Geforce I should get Panasonic for, but those posted were all of a height of 20mm and don't fit below the heatsink.

On the mainboard I also got 4 KZG 1000uF 16V caps which someone recommended to replace anyway. Should I replace them or wait until they bulge/blow? They seem to be fine to me but I have no tools to test it.

Where do you recommend to get caps from? Currently, the only pages I know are digikey with 18€ shipping cost and reichelt.de.
    Last edited by EoD; 10-14-2012, 07:41 AM. Reason: bad title

Re: Replacing bad caps on M2N-SLI and Geforce 9500GT

Originally posted by EoD View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to capacitor replacement and I got a blown Club3D Geforce 9500 GT and an ASUS M2N-SLI mainboard.

On the Geforce I got one blown cap, on the bottom right (picture)
    FZ85 1500uF 6.3V with an Height of 12mm and a diameter of 10mm.

On the M2N-SLI I got 3 blown caps, left of the RAM banks
    TK ATWY 820uF 6.3V with an height of 12mm and a diameter of ~7mm.

Which caps do you recommend as replacements?
    I read that for the Geforce I should get Panasonic for, but those posted were all of a height of 20mm and don't fit below the heatsink.

On the mainboard I also got 4 KZG 1000uF 16V caps which someone recommended to replace anyway. Should I replace them or wait until they bulge/blow? They seem to be fine to me but I have no tools to test it.

Where do you recommend to get caps from? Currently, the only pages I know are digikey with 18€ shipping cost and reichelt.de.
    badcaps.net (this site) sells caps.They can supply you with Nichicon HN 10x12 1500uf for the video card. Any cap with "FZ" on it is made by Sacon and is absolute crap. Replace all of them! Make sure the caps are through-hole, you can see the "legs" sticking out on the back of the card.

Other sources are farrell (uk) and mouser.com.

Comment

Re: Replacing some bad caps on my cards

Farnell DE would work fine.

It doesn't have the HN in stock so it would cost 20 euro to get it from US. Badcaps.net would charge you about 8 dollars in shipping so it would be cheaper but it still takes time to get to you in Germany.

I'd say don't bother spending so much for such a card, go with these 1200uF 6.3v capacitor instead:

http://de.farnell.com/panasonic/eeuf...0uf/dp/1800606

It's close enough in specs that I don't think you're gonna have a problem. You'll need to get a pack of 5 anyway, but they're cheap enough to be worth it.

As for those TK 820uF, replace with:

http://de.farnell.com/rubycon/6-3zlh...-3v/dp/1712577
      or
      http://de.farnell.com/panasonic/eeuf...0uf/dp/1855210

They're 8mm diameter, but I think they will fit.

Comment

Re: Replacing some bad caps on my cards

With all these bad caps you'd best check inside your power-supply for more, first.
        Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Working...
        X