Aten KVM switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aten KVM switch

Did anyone use Aten KVMs? How do they show in work, in quality and in endurance compared to D-link and Linksys???

Re: Aten KVM switch

Had several of them at my old work. Most of them PS/2 versions. For the older PS/2 versions i can say they work ok, but with some computers tends to lock up and do odd stuff. However we also had newer USB models and they worked like a charm as far as i remember. From my personal point of view they are a bit better then the cheapest out there, but i wouldn't stretch it as far as saying they are the best in any way. I mean there are really really expensive ones out there for a reason, they provide more functionality But for price compared to quality i would say the newer ones are quite good.

As far as D-Link goes i personally hate the brand, just cause i have seen so many of their products fail or not work as intended. Linksys i rate slightly higher and have actually had some experience with a Linksys KVM and that one worked ok to without a hitch.

The ATEN USB version i have tried is the metal box one with firmware upgrade available. It has some neat features like switching sound as well, and doesn't have to be sound from the computer you are currently controlling and stuff.

Ok, enough with my essay here, typed a bit more then i intended, but hope it at least helped you some.

Comment

Re: Aten KVM switch

Got a PS/2 one and it liked locking up with certain computers connected, very annoying
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
      X