LG LED 47LS4500 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG LED 47LS4500 problems

Hi I'm new and was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue with my television.
    My tv is giving me two issues. Firstly when I turn it on, it takes a while for it to bring up a picture. Then when the picture comes up there is no sound. I have to turn it off and on numerous times to get the sound to work. The other problem is that occasionally during the times of turning it off and on, the tv will stop working completely. The little red light will turn off like it does when the tv is on, but there is no backlight on the tv and it also will not function. This requires me to unplug the tv and plug it back in to reset it. Any help would be appreciated. Looks like the tv has a main board and power supply board. I could switch one of those out, but it would be expensive if I'm not sure which one to change.
    Any help is appreciated.

-Kevin

Re: LG LED 47LS4500 problems

hi you need to get the latest firmware from lg or or someone that has service account flash it will fix the problem,

Comment

This tv is not a smart tv. Does it still use firmware?

Comment

The firmware and instructions are here. http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LS4500

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Comment

Well I installed the latest version of firmware, but that had no effect. What is service account flash that was recommended and where would I go about getting it?

Comment

Main Bd issue......BGA IC could have cold solder joints.....Look for other cold solder joints on the Main Bd, as well.....

Comment

Working...
              X