Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help identifying a SMD component.

Originally posted by smason View Post
    What kind of pedal is it? Some are worth it, some are a dime a dozen.
    He has quoted the make and model at least twice and provided a link to a vendor?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I ended up ordering the BYM 10-400's off of E-bay. Thanks for all the help everyone! I couldn't of identified it without the help from everyone on this forum! Thanks again! And once again, it's an EBS. From what the guy said and what I've found on the net, these pedals go from around 150$ to 200$.

Spork
      Last edited by Spork Schivago; 08-13-2012, 04:36 PM. Reason: Corrected gramatical errors, added content
      -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Just to update everyone, I ended up replacing the component. When I was getting the broken one off, I had to remove what I call a daughter board on the pedal. I ripped a trace off on accident but managed to use a small wire to bypass the broken trace.

When I added power to the effects pedal, it started smoking. It could take a 9 volt battery or a 9 volt transformer. The battery didn't do anything, the LED didn't light up. I have no guitar to test it. However, when I tried the 9 volt transformer, the pedal started smoking again.

I'm going to take a long break from it. Maybe I'll end up throwing it out. Thanks for all the help though guys. I love this site.
        -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Working...
        X