• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 840 G2 bios error WARNING MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED S

Hi,
    after I have changed the bios and ME on HP 840 G2 appears this error:
    WARNING MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED STATE
    I think the goal is to change the serial number and others info, correct ? but I lost the utility to make this change.
    Someone have it or know another method to solve this error ?
    Furthermore, the system takes a long time before the screen turns on and initialize the machine.
    The reason is the search for the serial?
    thanks

Re: HP bios error

if you have a backup of your old bios, send both the backup and the new one. I will correct it for you

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
      Hi,
      after I have changed the bios and ME on HP 840 G2 appears this error:
      WARNING MACHINE IS NOT IN COMMITTED STATE
      I think the goal is to change the serial number and others info, correct ? but I lost the utility to make this change.
      Someone have it or know another method to solve this error ?
      Furthermore, the system takes a long time before the screen turns on and initialize the machine.
      The reason is the search for the serial?
      thanks
      try this dmifittools is included...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=11

Comment

I try to use the tool but unfortunately, MPM is not open,if the bios of hp 820 g2 is equal to 840 g2 , I could use the open bios present in the attachment. If it is different, I do not understand the wndmifit message: "MPM is not unlocked. Will not be able to set BIOS settings. Please escalate with UUID to get SMC blob to unlock MPM"
        I have tryed with FSMC changed in SMC with no luck

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
          I try to use the tool but unfortunately, MPM is not open,if the bios of hp 820 g2 is equal to 840 g2 , I could use the open bios present in the attachment. If it is different, I do not understand the wndmifit message: "MPM is not unlocked. Will not be able to set BIOS settings. Please escalate with UUID to get SMC blob to unlock MPM"
          I have tryed with FSMC changed in SMC with no luck
          use this dump file... after finish you can change dmi id using wndmifit...
          goodluck
          Attached Files

Comment

No luck, the problem is on UUID , to unlock MPM the UUID must be composed of all F.
            I noticed that UUID do not change if I reprogram the bios. I think that the UUID is placed in EC memory that is not in bios.

Comment

Finally I solve only the machine is not in committed state issue, the goal is:
              if the ec firmware is on separate chip, we need to reprogramm the ec memory and bios with a dump from the same motherboard.
              Remain to solve how change the UUID on ec to all FF if you want to change serial and other info. Maybe it's possible with hex editor but at the owner not interest the change.
              thanks for help

Comment

I have the same problem , how can i solve this ?

Comment

Originally posted by angel-boy View Post
                  I have the same problem , how can i solve this ?
                  As I explain , if the software soluzione fails, you should reprogramm the ec and bios with programmer. Both firmware dump must be taken from the same machine.

Comment

Should be a way to EDIT UUID ,

Comment

Only after you have solved the issue

Comment

Changing FSMC to SMC.bin isnt going to work. Much like the keys created for 1st and 2nd gen HP notebooks, the file created unique to each laptop. It has a time out that only allows for 10 uses, and is also only valid for 10 days after creation.

An HP tech would normally use a web based form (on their internal network) to input the required details (Serial, UUID, etc) and it would kick back the SMC file that they would then email to you. Anyways... since you dont have this resource available.

So what you need to is reset your UUID to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
                        Once you do this, MPM (Manufacturing Programming Mode) is unlocked and you can run wndmifit to reprogram.
                        A new UUID is created on reboot.

Oh I know what your thinking...mazzif...how do we do this?!?!?!

I want to tell you I do...but alas...I'm Banned..for Life.

Comment

Is there any way to reset the UUID without resoldering the Chips again?

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                            if you have a backup of your old bios, send both the backup and the new one. I will correct it for you
                            Hi bluestone,
                            could you show me the way to edit the bios?

Thank you

Comment

upload your bios please
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-20-2022, 04:11 AM.

Comment

System Board CT Number usualy is under RAM memory on white or orange sticker (14 characters) .IF cant commit after moding bios , just put back intel ME , if ME is not compatible with model cannot be commited , if you want to remove password just ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X