Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PV250 Plasma

Hey guys ,

A friend of mine got a LG , 60 inch that is not working anymore after a loud bang/pop.
    He lives further away and that 60 inch does not fit in my little Ford Ka so i said , send me the boards and i'll check them.

Symptoms :

Tv clicks 1 time , little flash on the panel
    Tv does not respond to the remote
    No sound.
    No picture with Zsus removed
    Green led on the control board blinks 3 times.
    Led on mainboard is on.

After some searching i found out that the Zsus board most of the times fail. I checked all transistors and diodes on all the boards and they are all ok. No blown ic's or blown fuses.

Is there a way to test the voltages with just these 3 boards? ( PS / Ysus / Zsus ). For example , powering on just the powersupply with a jumper and test the voltages?
    My friend tested the voltages and he does have 5v and +/-200v at Ysus connector.

Im suspecting that the buffer boards are gone.

Also , can i test the buffer boards for the LG plasma the same way as for a Panasonic? ( Forgive my ignorance ).

Can i turn the tv on WITHOUT the buffer boards?

Thanks!
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: LG 60PV250 Plasma

Checked for cold solder joints on the big coils of the Zsus ? Its a common issue and cause of no image on these.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Solder does not look good but he heard a bang/pop. Does not sound good
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Might have arched over, resolder them coils and give it a try. It can only go boom
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Hmm can be , would have been visible? Dont see any burn marks.

Will resolder most parts and let him check the buffer boards for shorts.

Comment

The soldering on the big coils on the Zsus board look really bad. They have small circles around the solder ...looks cracked.

I resoldered all IGBT's and diodes and coils. Buffer boards are fine. Gonna install the boards tonight!

Comment

Good stuff keep us updated

Comment

So i took the car and drove to my friend. Tv has no standby led but i do have 5V at powersupply going to mainboard.

Tv clicks 1 time and control board flashes 1 time and 2 small blinks.

Bad mainboard?

Comment

Checked Vs and Pson signals ? Also have you tried the Auto gen test patterns ?

Comment

Can anyone point me in the direction to find out LG standby light blink codes please?

Comment

I have not tried the auto gen test patterns because i don't know how. Just got home again!

When the mains is applied the PS clicks 1 time. I do have a small light coming from the mainboard , its the optical in. There is no standby led but i do have 5v on the PS going to the mainboard. No standby led is a bad mainboard i think.

The pop came from the speakers and also the HD receiver restarted. Maybe a short in the mainboard via HDMI connector?

Comment

Originally posted by ben500 View Post
                        Can anyone point me in the direction to find out LG standby light blink codes please?
                        How many times is it flashing? Same model?

Comment

To run TP unplug Lvds to Tcon cable, on the Tcon you will see 4 pins thag stick up with little text next to them saying "auto gen" short out the pins and turn the Tv on screen should flash RGB etc. Sorry for being bland as on my Iphone 4s and its hard to type lol

Comment

Originally posted by ben500 View Post
                            Lg do not issue stand light error codes. Have you checked any voltages ?

Comment

Hmm i can try that but i checked all boards myself. No shorts and with no standby light i'm almost sure its the MB.

Comment

Well better safe than sorry ehy ?

Comment

Haha don't get me wrong , your help is much appreciated but i took the mainboard home. Must drive another 30 mins just to do that test!

Will the 50PZ550 mainboard work for the 60PV250? Cant find a mainboard for this tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                                    How many times is it flashing? Same model?
                                    42LN5400 blinking twice
                                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                      Lg do not issue stand light error codes. Have you checked any voltages ?
                                      No I haven't, I have sound and image {with torch} but no backlight apparent, standby is red flashes twice and then goes out sound remains, black screen unless illuminated with flashlight.

Comment

Its best to start your own thread with pictures!
                                        You might have a blown LED

Comment

Working...
                                        X