Mouse replacement image sensor - Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse replacement image sensor - Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031

My favorite mouse died and I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get a replacement image sensor - Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031.
    Used in a Laser Rachesis (1st gen) which is a piece of junk, cheapest chinese electronics, I recapped 6 electrolytics in it and it lasted this long.

But the stupid thing fits like a glove and is great for CADD sessions, so I thought of repairing it. The sensor seems rare.
    Attached Files

Re: Mouse replacement image sensor - Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031

Originally posted by redwire View Post
    Used in a Laser Rachesis (1st gen) which is a piece of junk, cheapest chinese electronics, I recapped 6 electrolytics in it and it lasted this long.
    You mean Razer Lachesis.

I don't know what the specifics are, but for only $1117.99 USD or $1395.47 CDN, you can be the proud owner of a new one.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141316865422

On a more serious note, I couldn't find anything on the Philips sensor.

A quick search on Edmonton kijiji shows some Razer products, but not the Lachesis. You might want to check kijiji daily?

PS. On ebay.com (USA site), there is one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281633818521

for parts ($9 USD), but seller doesn't ship to Canada for some reason? In addition, I no idea of the Philips sensor is working or not inside.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

it may help if all the pins were soldered down!

Comment

I had carefully re-soldered the image sensor pins, but it still jumped and skipped and I got mad and a soft whack killed it.
        Yeah the mouse is obsolete, the image sensor a total failure for Philips Photonics, and Razer's low quality PCB and drivers, no F/W updates etc. like an old car I'll just look at getting a new one or put new guts in the old case.

I never thought of looking at classifieds on Kijiji. That eBay seller said the price is crazy but they can't delete the ad, some currency conversion error. Thanks guys.

Comment

Of all the mice that completely died on me, all of them were cable (wire) problems.
          The next class of mouse problems were switch failures...

Comment

Y'all probably never had to use the very first PC Mouse. It had only two buttons, was rectangular, and was like pushing a brick about on the desktop. Ah, the good ol' days! Well, not so much. lol

Mice in general have come a long ways and can be enhanced by the settings in Windows.
            I like to use a wireless mouse on my desktop PC, but I also have a wired mouse connected, so when the batteries die in the Wireless mouse, I can grab the wired mouse and keep on going. I can always install new batteries at a more convenient time.

I've tried dozens of other pointing devices over the years, but never found any that compare with a Laser Mouse for quickness and accuracy.
            Microsoft is a good brand, but the WiFi mouse I'm currently using says "Gear Head" on top.

Cheers Mates!
            Experience is truly the best teacher.
            Backup! Backup! Backup! Ghost Rocks!

Comment

Working...
            X