LG W1941s strange problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG W1941s strange problem

I have a strange PSU fault on this monitor, the monitor turns on and works for about 5 mins, then the PSU shuts down (no power from the yellow transformer). After about 1 min the monitor restarts itself. and it just keeps doing this 5 mins turns off then 1 min turns on. I removed the Rectifier as shown in the picture and connected a test PSU to these point, the monitor works fine.

So I think the fault must be with the main side of the PSU.

I have already replaced the yellow transformer and the Rectifier but still have the same problem
    Attached Files

Re: LG W1941s strange problem

added more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Test all capacitors with ESR meter if you don't have an ESR meter replace all caps but the big fat one are those diodes test good.

Comment

Yes the diodes are good, I have replaced all the cap still the same problem. I did replace the large main cap just to make sure.

Comment

Try some freeze spray on IC802 when the monitor shuts off. If it turns back on right away, then the chip is likely overheating, or is defective.
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Thanks Ben, I have just tried the freeze spray and the monitor turns on right away. I will order a new chip and that should sort out the problem.

Comment

I have got fitted the new chip (TOP258PN) and now working great.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
              X