Recapping ATI FireGL V3350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recapping ATI FireGL V3350

I've just got a used V3350. There r 3 Rubycon ZA 10v 470uF 8mms on the PCB. Eventhough ZA is not bad, I decied to recap it.

At first, I wanted to replace the ZAs with Nichicon LFs or FPCAP R7s, but I founded that they do not provide 10v 470uf in 8mm diameter.

Then I found some pics of this card on the ATI website, also found that they use OS-CON SVPC 2.5v 1500uF 8mms for the offical version.

Do U think it's going to be a problem if I replace the ZAs with lower voltage poly caps?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alexanderforce; 02-16-2010, 01:30 AM.

Re: Recapping ATI FireGL V3350

Seeing as how they seem to interchange them, I'd say probably. But, you should measure the voltage across the caps while the card is running just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by etnietering
      Seeing as how they seem to interchange them, I'd say probably. But, you should measure the voltage across the caps while the card is running just to be sure.
      What's the suitable voltage?
      4 example, I measured the volt. is 10v, what kind of cap should I use?

Comment

i say: real-volts * 1.5 = minimum cap.

so if it's 10v then a 15v cap - ofcourse there is no 15v cap so you would use 16v

Comment

Originally posted by Alexanderforce
          What's the suitable voltage?
          4 example, I measured the volt. is 10v, what kind of cap should I use?
          He means measure the voltage across the caps with a multimeter when the card is running to check the actual voltage going through the caps, the 10v rating on the cap itself is just a maximum voltage it can take.

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
            He means measure the voltage across the caps with a multimeter when the card is running to check the actual voltage going through the caps, the 10v rating on the cap itself is just a maximum voltage it can take.
            I understand what he means, but just one question: Should I measure the voltage directly on the PCB or remove the cap first?

Comment

Directly on the PCB.

Comment

Working...
              X