iiyama ProLite E2200WS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iiyama ProLite E2200WS

Picked up a couple of these monitors today. They had unknown faults.

The first one I tried came on fine but it was OSD locked. I unlocked the screen by keeping the 'enter' button pressed for a few seconds. I then set it up on my main PC to soak test it whilst I looked at the other monitor.

I thought that maybe the person who owned it before didn't know how to unlock the menu but it seems that after a while it came on with the OSD on its own. I did a couple more resets and it seemed to come and go. Its been running for a couple of hours now and I haven't seen it come up again. I am thinking that its maybe gone as the unit had been on for a while so I will leave it off over night and have another go tomorrow.

The second one came on for a few seconds at first then turned completely off with no standby light. When trying to turn it back on the length of time it would stay on became shorter until it would not come on at all. Not even the standby light would operate.

I tested the only Voltage Regulator on the logic board and that was constant 1.5v as it should. The big cap was pushing out 330v and all of the caps looked fine. There were 3 x 47uf 50v caps 2 of which were only measuring about 7v. I replaced them with some from my ever increasing box of spare caps and sure enough the monitor fired up. Its now been on for a good hour or so without turning off.

I have ordered a full set of caps for both monitors as they are both in really good condition.

If the first monitor continues to randomly bring up the OSD then I am lucky enough to have a spare button board for it. If that doesn't cure it then i'm not sure whats going on.
    Attached Files
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Re: iiyama ProLite E2200WS

Turned it on this morning and it is behaving like the enter button is being constantly pressed.

I will wait until the caps turn up and then swap the switch board over at the same time.

Comment

Decided to swap the switch board out for a spare one that I had to see if that cures the problem. Just turned it back on and it seems to be working fine. Going to leave it over night and then have a look in the morning though to see if it starts up again. Fingers crossed it wont.

Comment

Tried the monitor this morning with the replaced switch board and all is working well. The menu isn't coming on all on its own any more. I am going to leave it on all day but it looks like its cured.

Comment

Try some contact cleaner on the faulty switch board - worked well for me when I had a TV that would turn itself off occasionally.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi,

sorry te unearth this aging thread but it does cover a specific model I'm looking at. I have a Iiyama 2200(ws) that has developed a curious problem. At first it worked fine. Then I noticed I couldn't turn the monitor on or off. It would follow the computer for on or off behaviour. It would go into sleep mode no problem and wake fine as well.

I just unplugged it as I was redoing some basic power wiring for my office and now it refuses to turn on!

Never any issues prior, never blacked out nothing. Just all of a sudden poof. Opened her up and visually no signs of any issues. Where to begin?

cheers,

The Newbie.

Comment

Just all of a sudden poof - was that the noise it made or do you just mean it doesnt come on?
              If it is totally dead test the main white fuse near the mains connector.
              If the power led comes on then test the two yellow fuses on the other side of the board.
              Also test the mains fuse in the power cable

I have assumed you have the same board as OP but we really need you to post good clear pictures of your board.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I had (and still have) an iiyama E2407HDSD with a similar issue, turned out to be a dodgy power on button, cracked solder joints. I also found the power cord input (IEC mains conn) to have a cracked live and earth connection though they weren't yet failed, I did those too. It's been working for 18 months now after that repair.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for digging up this very old thread, but because the issues with my Iiyama ProLite E2200WS monitor sound very similar to Jasgriff's original post, I though this might be the best place to ask for advice.

Let me start by saying that I am very new to this and have little experience in attempting to repair electronics, so please bear with me.

Recently my trusty old Iiyama E2200WS monitor started to have some issues. After having been on for a while it would suddenly turn itself off: black screen and no power LED (neither green: powered on, nor orange: standby). Pushing the power button would switch it back on, but after a short while it would switch off again. This repeats itself with increasingly short intervals in which the monitor is on, until it will not turn on again at all. I found that disconnecting the power cable, waiting a bit, them plugging it back in and power it on would sort of reset this cycle. Another trick I used for a while was to fix the power button in the pressed down position by wedging a toothpick in next to it. This allowed me to continue using the monitor for a day or two. Things got worse though, and now it will not turn on at all, at most just blinking the green power LED at me before switching off again.

I have opened up the monitor to have a look at the power board and the small board that has the buttons on them. From reading on this forum and other places, I think the issues must have something to do with either the caps on the power board or the power button on the button board. However, a visual inspection of these parts doesn't seem to indicate that anything is wrong with them.
                  I have attached some pictures of both boards. I can't discover any broken connections or bulging or leaking from the caps, and the power button looks attached firmly to the board. (The power button is the one next to the LED.)

I am now looking to get some advice on how to proceed, before I start trying to replace any parts. Based on my description, can anyone tell me what the most likely cause of these issues is? What parts can I best try to replace first?
                  Also, does anyone know of a good place to get replacement parts? I live in the Netherlands, near Amsterdam, and I don't know any good electronic shops that sell single parts like these. In case the problem is with the power button, I though of swapping one of the other buttons (which I hardly use) for the power button, to see if that has any effect, because I wouldn't know where to start looking for a new one.

Looking forward to some input!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X