GeForce 9600 GT Bad Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeForce 9600 GT Bad Caps

Ok i have 3 bad caps, and have a 7 more that i want to know if i should replace them or not. I Found a thread that had 2 of the caps that are blown but not the 3rd one. The 3 on the right are the ones that need to be replaced, the others are the ones i have questions about if i need to replace them. If you need me to tell you what the top says just ask.

Re: GeForce 9600 GT Bad Caps

Sacon FZ are frequent visitors here.
    [That's what those are.]

Just do a search for 'Sacon FZ' and you have all sorts of reading material.

Usually Panasonic FM is a good replacement but check the specs to be sure.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Replace the FZ caps. Aside from the FZ, I see Nichicon CF polymer, Sanyo polymer (purple), chemicon PS-A polymer (blue with A under a shield logo), and a Suncon electrolytic (black). All of these, with the exception of the FZ, are generally reliable and likely do not need to be replaced.

FM is a good capacitor, but I'm not sure that its specs are good enough, and they tend to be larger than the original caps, which may lead to clearance issues.

Badcaps.net sells replacements that will work to replace the FZ -

To replace 6.3V 1500uF:
      https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=40

To replace 6.3V 1000uF:
      https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=47 10V can be used in place of 6.3V, since the rated voltage is just a limit of what the capacitor can handle. Note that the Rubycon is 14mm high. If there is not sufficient clearance, Samxon GC can be used instead:
      https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=70

Comment

The FM specs are much better than the FZ on the 1500uF 6.3v.
        Thing is the FM are 8mm longer than the FZ.
        If short is needed then MBZ/MCZ are good.
        Attached Files

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by JBotts420 View Post
          Ok i have 3 bad caps, and have a 7 more that i want to know if i should replace them or not. I Found a thread that had 2 of the caps that are blown but not the 3rd one. The 3 on the right are the ones that need to be replaced, the others are the ones i have questions about if i need to replace them. If you need me to tell you what the top says just ask.
          You only need to replace the ones with FZ in the part number.
          I only see three in the photo.

-

- Dr Seuss
          -
          -

Comment

Yes there is only 3 FZ caps. Thank you all for the quick answers. Ive ordered the 3 caps, and will let ya know the outcome. Thank you again!

Comment

Yay it works!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

Working...
                X