help identifying cap please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying cap please...

Searched all over for a suitable replacement with no luck, maybe I am doing something wrong, still not great at figuring the esr/ohm specs.

Here are the specs:
    Teapo sc series 8mm x 11.5mm
    ripple = 580
    Imp. = 0.150
    From an hp mb

cant find anything with a ripple close to 580? am I doing something wrong here?
    Thanks for any advice!

Re: help identifying cap please...

Find one with higher ripple rating. Impedance/ESR has to be somewhat matched, but life of the cap can only improve if one with a higher ripple rating is installed.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      Find one with higher ripple rating. Impedance/ESR has to be somewhat matched, but life of the cap can only improve if one with a higher ripple rating is installed.
      duh! I feel like an ass, I was thinking for some reason that the ripple has to be close to the same and esr could be higher.
      Thanks for pointing that out

Comment

Voltage should be same or higher (unless you know for sure you can use lower), ripple same or higher, capacitance same (sometimes slightly higher is ok and ESR same (most times lower is ok). Can size depends on space available, use 105c over 85c and you are set.

Comment

I have a bunch of these on hand:
          Rubycon 6.3v 820uf mcz

would these work as a replacement?

Comment

Working...
          X