Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS Password Reset [Util]

HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS Password Reset [Util]
    I have a system/tool I have created that WILL help some of you reset and clear the Password/TPM on select HP Probook/Elitebook laptops.

[INTRO]
    My story begins as this:
    A few months back, I got an HP Core i7 Probook 6550b from my dad (that he picked up 2nd hand). It had a busted display though. Upon repair, it was found to be BIOS Password protected. And thus began my quest. Long story short here, I did what I set out to do. I was able to reset the TPM, and clear the password. Along the way, I have applied my technique to a few other models and have confirmed successful TPM reset. This is a software based solution. No disassembly, or removal of any parts (unless your boot order is locked, then there is a little work to be bone, see end of post)

I have outside confirmation that my utility works on these models.

[CONFIRMED]
    Elitebook 6930p :New
    Probook 6470b :New
    Elitebook 8560w :New
    Elitebook 8530p :New
    Elitebook 2560p
    Probook 6550b
    Probook 6460b
    Elitebook 2560p
    Elitebook 2740p
    Elitebook 8440p
    Elitebook 8640p

And I am confident that my utility will be successful on these listed models as well, but I need help testing.

[NEED CONFIRMATION]
    HP 2230s
    HP 2730p
    HP 4310s
    HP 4510s
    HP 6455p
    HP 6535b
    HP 6545b
    HP 6730b
    HP 6735b
    HP 6930p
    HP 8530p
    HP 8530w
    HP 8540w
    HP 8560p
    HP 8730w
    There may be more.

[LOCKED BOOT ORDER]
    If your BIOS has a locked set boot order, and will only boot to HDD, you need to take a laptop sata drive and use an external adapter and make it dos boot-able on another host machine also placing the files on this drive, then replace the internal hdd with your created dos boot-able HDD. Powering on the machine will boot to the dos environment. Using DOS commands, navigate to your files and execute them following directions on screen. BIOS will be free of passwords, TPM will be cleared.

[LINKS]
    My Windows based utility:
    https://app.box.com/s/wdad77j00jtw1l5n73jd

[NEW] My DOS Based Utility [NEW]
    https://app.box.com/s/ecejqduvfhl513a6h9c7

My Video: Outdated, but is still kinda relevant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8p927SyVU

[OTHER]
    I have a set of 'test' files that may be used on models other then the ones listed here as kind of a fisher. We could tell from a resulting error if we would have success. If you would like to try a model other then what is listed, PM me your UUID and SN.

[USE]
    To use this system, select your supported hp probook/elitebook model from the dropdown list. The Serial Number field and UUID Filed will populate with data and will need to be changed to that of your own laptop's. You can get your UUID and SN usually by pressing F1 at system boot. If not, use the included 'HPSET146.EXE' utility included in the 'tools' directory. This must be run from DOS. Once data is entered into the fields, click the patch button and a file will be created in the /output folder. Take the exe file and copy it to your dos bootable media (usb/cd/floppy). Boot to DOS and run the created file.

Inside the /tools directory you will find some tools. A utility to create USB Dos bootable thumb-drives, a windows 98 boot cd iso, and a tool to get SN and UUID.

/backup directory includes four *.bin files should the ones in the root directory get corrupted. just copy to the root dir in event of corruption.

[DISCLAIMER]
    There may be unforeseen negative results stemming from use of this system. By downloading and using my tools, you agree to use them at your own risk. This was originally for myself, but I have opened up to the community. I am not a professional programmer. There is no guarantee of success using this tool, even on units that are marked as 'confirmed'.

Thank you for looking. I welcome all feedback good or bad, just trying to help people. Cool

Re: HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS Password Reset [Util]

I simply can't download your files with links:

and the HPSET146.EXE cannot run on my 64 bit Elitebook 6930p system.

Comment

Good day

I'm struggling with the app.
      I have created a bootable usb, inserted it into my elitebook 8530p.
      Started it up. When prompted to press "f10" I press it. Screen flashes once, then back to BIOS.
      I have also created a DOS partition and transferred the files to that partition.
      Also been unsuccessful.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I got the laptop from a friend that inherited it from his father

Comment

Hello,

My name is Mazzif. I am the REAL author of these tools. The OP was made without my permission. This is a Paid for utility, and this post constitutes piracy. Please remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazzif View Post
          Hello,

My name is Mazzif. I am the REAL author of these tools. The OP was made without my permission. This is a Paid for utility, and this post constitutes piracy. Please remove it.
          So let me understand something you promote software that its used to clear password without the knowledge of HP?

You encourage people to buy notebooks that are sold illegal with password protection? Maybe its stolen or lost?

When you post something online its not yours anymore so please

If someone attach something that you actually own a software/product then talk.

Again Youtube and stuff like that ...

If you got some problems your welcome to this AWESOME community to actually learn something Sir.

Badcaps 4 life !
          Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazzif View Post
            Hello,

Paid BIOS unlock tools are not allowed here, so either way, you're going to lose. I only allow free stuff. Furthermore, you're going to have to provide far more compelling proof of ownership before this thread will be removed.
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

i agree with dj and topcat.mazzif i think if u was the real owner then how some body can post ur tool without ur knowlage. so now if some body done already that is not yours and no more ur property. so chillllll

Comment

I know this person called "Mazzif", generally resides in MDL forums.
                I'm surprised that he says that these tools are paid stuff but shares it for free in MDL forums.

Link to his thread at MDL: forums.mydigitallife. info/threads/49497-HP-Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility

Comment

Hi guys, links don't work please send me new links thanks

Dead links

Comment

hi iam syed from saudi and i need lenovo x220 bios flash file pleas help me

Comment

this link is not working , i dont think is real

Comment

But i think Mazzif is the owner and you can see his name when you will run this.
                        and Mazzif is serving this free of cost to them who already forgot their passwords,

This is my opinion you have also right to oppose.

Comment

Hi, I spend days for solution and I tried pay for this utility but without effect. Actually, there isn't way how to download this utility for free (warez included) and test it.

I tried that on Probooks 4520s and 6540b.

But, I found solution for these notebooks. I installed OS on HDD on other computer (Win7) and I downloaded last version of BIOS from official HP website. I put HDD to locked Probook and boot-up to Win.

Update BIOS from Windows led to completely clear administrator password (and other settings).

I hope this helps someone.

Comment

Anyone but the software free of cost working all probook/elitebook try this and video help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Reply me its working.

Comment

Originally posted by alihomee View Post
                                i agree with dj and topcat.mazzif i think if u was the real owner then how some body can post ur tool without ur knowlage. so now if some body done already that is not yours and no more ur property. so chillllll
                                That's not how intellectual property works in the US and I should know with decades of experience working in computer forensics managing chain of evidence in intellectual property litigation at top 100 law firms in Silicon Valley.

Also many of the people who replied to this thread thought this was a legitimate site to obtain the software, it shows actual damages have occurred to the owner's intellectual property.

Topcat, your response could be used to argue your statements show an intent to cause damages to the owner's intellectual property.

I'm curious, did the owner ever file a cease and desist letter on you guys? Statute of limitations may still be valid, you might want to check super quick with a lawyer just to make sure you have all your bases covered. You also might want to double check the libel laws, which I don't know anything about, but my understanding is because of the nature of the internet and the fact that what you write never truly goes away, there isn't any statute of limitations in this sort of situation. The way back machine preserves all the webpages from the internet and its been used in court on many occasions.

Anways, doesn't look like dude has been back, he's probably not going to do anything about it.

Comment

it's working all hp models???
                                  and thanks bro u are so nice

Comment

sir

my laptop bios password locked please help me to solve this

Comment

hp probook 4320s

i'm try to download this but its not hapening

Comment

lol i guess mazzif disapear from the map ahahahah

Comment

Working...
                                        X