Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung 731BF "two seconds to black" problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 731BF "two seconds to black" problem.

First of all I want to say thanks for the advice here, I've read and scented all kinds of advice and I have learned a lot.
    I have a problem on my samsung 731bf screen, he went on for a few seconds (i see display for 1-2 sec) and then it goes black, power button stays on (blue Light).
    If I turn off the power button and on again the screen lights up again for a few seconds and then "turn off" (black screen).
    I disassemble the power supply of the screen (add photo)
    I understand that i need to replace the capacitors.
    What else should I replace?

if i not have caps 820UF 25V ... can i replace it with 1000UF 16V caps?

I do not Electrician, but I have a עםםג pair of hands. And that 'something' between the ears .... : =)

thanks all!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung 731BF "two seconds to black" problem.

Hi - Have you specifically read the thread titled "A guide on how to troubleshoot 2 seconds to black" in these forums.
    Whilst Bad caps can be the cause or contribute to 2secs to black it could be any number of other things. Your caps look pretty good - have you done any testing?
    Do you have a multimeter /voltmeter and soldering equipment.
    If caps are good some other things which could be wrong are the CCFL tubes or connectors or the Inverter transformer - the large black rectangular component.
    There are various tests for these - I suspect you need to read up a bit more so that you will understand what the experts are asking you to do (I am still a learner)
    "if i not have caps 820UF 25V ... can i replace it with 1000UF 16V caps?"
    Only if you want to hear a big bang and see smoke!! - There is also a thread devoted to this but you definitely cannot replace Higher V with Lower V rated caps

Finally remember you will be dealing with HIGH voltages - doesnt say where you are from but utmost care is required - you could be dead before you fix it!!

A good service manual is available here:
    http://elektrotanya.com samsung_studioworks_77i.rar731bf,931bf.rar/download.html
    Last edited by selldoor; 12-31-2011, 10:32 AM. Reason: add sm
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
    X