Panasonic TC-P42S30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P42S30

I'm thinking about picking this up. The only SM i could find was for TC-Pst30.
    Owner says the power led flashes 14 times. That sm only goes up to 13 (A board) Any suggestions?

Re: Panasonic TC-P42S30

14 blinks is A board too.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom, I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Tom, Any idea where on the board to look first? I'm on my way to pick it up now.

Comment

No, I think it's a software/firmware thing.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well, I picked it up. Now the power LED will come on steady when powered on, but it won't turn off. When it powers up, the 15V line comes up, a relay (rl 101 or 102) clicks and then 15V drops to zero the power on lines stay at 3.6V. There are 2 LED's on the power board, (red and green) that never come on. here are some pictures.. If I disconnect the board on the left (the cable between the power board and the left board, I get 7 blinks.
            Attached Files

Comment

It appears that there is a direct short on the Vsus voltage on the sustain board.
              The power supply will put out 200V(aprox) with the board disconnected before the power supply shuts down. I'll take it out tomorrow and see if I can find the short.

Comment

So not 14 blinks? No blinks can be short VSUS, VDA.

Three-D training guide (yours is 2D, but it's still relevant):
                Last edited by tom66; 06-27-2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

there is a short on the sustain board. it looks like a bunch of fet's show a short between all three legs. maybe if i'm lucky it will just be the input caps but i doubt it.
                  Does anyone know how to remove the ribbon cables that go to the panel from the ysus board. I can't send a pix now but when I get the new fan for my video card on the other computer I will.
                  the fet's that appear to be shorted are marked 30F 131. I' can't seem to find a data sheet for a sub.

Comment

Evidently, this a VERY common failure as all of the other boards are available and the ysue is out of stock everywhere.

Comment

Usually just lift the brown tab/lever and carefully pull the ribbon out. May need a gently wiggle as they tend to wedge in a little.

Had a guy with a TH-P50U30A on a forum just this week which has a separate SC/SD/SU. With that set instead of a solid red LED, it simply falshes green then shutsdown with no power or SOS indication which for our set is RED. It's part of SOS(no blink) or in the guide equivalent to SOS4 on startup.

On the 2010 models like mine shorted Vsus on startup would usually go SOS4.

He had 3 shorted 30F131 IGBTs.Decided to do something crazy and remove those and powered up with what I suspect 1 transistor doing the work and the darn thing powered up normal. He shut it down straight away.

I think yours is combined SN, anyway not sure if I'd try that but you may be lucky and it's just the transistors.

They're a toshiba 360V 30A, 200A peak pulsed N channel IGBT.you will find them on ebay

I was looking at these for RJP30E2 dpak on a SS board which are also 360V 35A,

FGD4536, 360 V PDP Trench IGBT

Ended up getting IRG7S313UPBF which are only 330V 40A only because we don't have a great choice like yo see at Mouser or Digikey and postage makes it not economic which i don't understand since I can get whole boards sent from a seller in the US for only $15 but $35 for an envelope containing a transistor?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by tw2005; 06-27-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

TW2005, where did you find a board? Everywhere i've looked they are $50-150 and out of stock. I found 4 shorted FET's. One was shorted all around (short between all pins so I think that started a cascade.
                        I'll look for the parts today.Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by truep View Post
                          TW2005, where did you find a board? Everywhere i've looked they are $50-150 and out of stock. I found 4 shorted FET's. One was shorted all around (short between all pins so I think that started a cascade.
                          I'll look for the parts today.Thanks for the help.
                          I never found a board, you may have misunderstood where I said I can get boards posted cheap, I was talking generally not yours in particular.

just telling the story of someone elses problem. As far as I know the guy is just going to replace the blown transistors.

The only thing is you'd have to see if the buffer part of that board was not shorted before wastingtime and money chasing transistors.
                          Last edited by tw2005; 06-28-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I see TW, I just ordered the Fairchild IGFET's from digikey. They will probably arrive on Monday. I hope that's all that's wrong with it. It will be a great fix for around $9 USD including shipping. I measured out the leads of each IGFET location and found no ground shorts except where they should be.

Comment

Fingers crossed, it'll be nice if that does it.

Comment

Hello guys. I'm new and cannot start a new thread yet. Sorry if this is considered hijacking. If it is, please any moderators make this its own thread or delete it. Thank you.
                                My name is Jordan and I have some background in electronics from my aviation career in the military a few years back.

I have a Panasonic Plasma here that just up and died on me. It's a TC-P58S1 manufactured in September 2009. Its a 120v USA version. Here is my troubleshooting so far.

TV plugged in - power on - fans on for 2 seconds, then off and 7 red blinks. on a
                                quick side note, there is a micro green led on the right side SS board and left side
                                SC card, they are both on during this phase. I read two things on this. first that
                                its a self test that means the card is bad if the light is on. The second (and more
                                plausible) is that they are just there to discharge the capacitors after a power
                                down. Continuing. Disconnecting both SC2 on the SC card and SS11 on the SS card.
                                These are the direct power source to these cards. Power on, fans on 2 seconds then
                                off and 7 blinks. It looks like some of the capacitors are bulging but I'm not sure
                                if i am just seeing something I want to see or not. I took several photos for
                                comparison. The board holds a high voltage charge for almost 5 minutes after
                                powering down, wouldn't that mean the capacitors are fine? All the fuses are good from
                                an ome test. With SC2 and SS11 reconnected, I disconnect SC20 (the only ribbon
                                connecting to the SC board. Power on, fans on then of and 6 red blinks. Then with
                                current arrangement, disconnecting ribbon C10 from lower left board C1. Power on, fans
                                on then off then 8 red blinks. During all tests micro green leds are on. From this
                                troubleshooting I gather that the TV should have powered on with SC2 and SS11
                                disconnected. Since it didn't, doesn't that mean it doesn't have sufficient power?
                                Meaning the two power boards 774MF A4 and 774MA F1 are bad. Possibly from blown
                                capacitors? It was my research that also led to believe that from disconnecting those
                                certain ribbons in that order and leading to 6 blinks and 8 blinks, that the SC board
                                was bad as well and possibly even the SD and SU boards. Please help me figure out
                                which board/s are bad and which need replacement. I don't want to order too much or
                                not enough. Im limited to a $200 parts charge from the owner. So hopefully its just
                                the power boards and the different blinks are just due to forcing the built in test to
                                tell me the SC board is bad. Also, there is a light bulb on the right side power
                                board that never comes on. No other lights on the power boards come on at any time
                                and theres never power at any fuse. Thanks for any help guys! Oh and if you guys have any recommendation on where to buy parts from, that would be great aswell. Thanks all! Have a great weekend.

Lastly, I've searched quite a bit on here and the web and haven't seen any TV's that are quite as new as this one or close enough to be able to follow it clearly. Sorry if this is 99% the same as another, but I have not found it.

Jordan.

Comment

Panasonic almost never have bad capacitors, and when they do go bad, they never visibly deform, usually just dry out, and only on certain models.

Comment

From your pictures, it looks like there are some caps that are swelling. They definitely not panasonics or rubicon. My power supply has rubicons.

Comment

Those are Chemicon, Panasonic use Nichicon, Chemicon, Panasonic, Rubycon and Sanyo caps, all are fantastic capacitors with no major problems.

Comment

Back to it, I replaced the fets, the short is gone, now I have 8 blinks which seems to indicate an ss problem with the power recovery. Im about to give up. All power supply voltages come up and drop after a few seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                        X