This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Well here we go. My name is timmy tee, sitting all the way over here. The Northwest corner of the U.S. of A. I have to say I really enjoy reading all the information on your site here. These projects I get myself all wrapped around would never have been completed with out all of your superior minds here at Badcaps.

Comment

Hi. Jon. A tinkerer.

Comment

Hi All
        New To Badcaps
        Trying learn to fix Tv's In My Spare Time
        Have gotten a couple going so far from the help of tamptec on youtube
        Normal hobbies are working on cars

Comment

Hello this is OldSchoolTom here!
          As you can figure out, my First name is Tom, and the old school comes from my being into component level repair since 1969.
          Started in the Air Force for 4 years (1969 to 1973), working Avionics and Radar systems on various aircraft here in the US as well as overseas in SEA.
          Stayed into electronics after leaving AF in 1973, doing component level Audio and professional band equipment repair, and a few years working Electronic Countermeasures equipment used on the F15 for Loral corp. In 1978-1979 I took over an existing audio business for a year, and thought I was doing great until I sat with a business lawyer who explained there was no real future doing what I was doing full time. He was right. I then went the computer route working for a remittance processing company, and then Prime computer for 3 years as a senior customer service rep. Left there in 1985 and went to work for Salomon Brothers, planning their data centers. Left there in 1995 and went to a large German Bank eventually running their Data Centers Globally. Left there after 13 years for a regional Data Center job with Lehman Brothers. Needless to say that went bust after a year, so I went to a consulting company for a while, then to a large Japanese Bank for a year before I retired. I now over the last 5 years have been doing a bit of part time consulting, but I never lost the love for troubleshooting and component level repair. I did some repairs on and off from the 80's to around 2000. I have done a whole lot of EBAY and Craigs list purchasing, and enjoying the "Challange" that each unit brings as far as what is needed for the repair since 2009. sometimes I just do a full service, and other times I do a total restoration. I now have a better bench stock, and library of service manuals that I had when I was running my business. I am always happy to give advice to others, as well as get some advice when I am puzzled.
          Tom

Comment

Thanks for a great forum!

Comment

Hi All! My name is Alexey. I am from Russia.
              I have been repairing televisions and home appliances.
              Has a wife and two children. Addicted to electronics, music, travel.

Comment

Hi all, my name is Don from the UK, I'm 67 and was a toolroom Engineer. Since I was a young lad anything electrical that came intto the house I had the back off it to see how it worked. I've been repairing computers for about 15 years and also the odd tv repair. Cheers

Comment

Hey everyone. I love this forum and am ready to start a new thread. I own a computer / tv repair shop in East Texas and am ready to take our tv repair to another level.

Comment

Hello everyone! I created an account here, and read a first (automated) PM. In that PM I was advised to make my first post in here as an introduction. So, I hope this would be enough for start.

Comment

Hello badcaps ! Im a new engineer in the electronic world. This forum got some cool people with a nice knowledge about this field so thought i would join.

Thank you and have a nice day

Comment

Hello guys. I am repairing gaming consoles tv's and some more electronics. Would like to learn even more from this nice website

Comment

Hi my name isn't Hackman from Ghana in west Africa and I was referred to this forum by another friend . I'm very glad to be part of this family . Tank You

Comment

Hi All.
                            I'm new and I would try to learn to fix Tv's in my spare time.

Comment

Hi people, my net handle is Graylok, it came from a World of Warcraft addiction that started when the game did 12.5 years ago. I started life repairing TV & VCR's in my late teens before attending Inverness College to learn Electronic & Electrical Engineering. After a few year of lag (no work) I ended up at BUTEC (British Underwater Test & Evaluation Center - In my home town of Kyle of Lochalsh). There I learned what an ROV was and moved on to greater things with "Global Marine Systems" and then onto freelance offshore work. I am currently employed as a contractor by DeepOcean on various projects worldwide but mostly in Europe. Installing offshore Windfarms etc. I have "kept my hand in" and still do work for others that I prefer to stay clear off. Like many posters here i do the PC bit and help others overcome the problems with Virus's and other malware, I freely give away my old tech for the benefit of less able people to enable them to at least approach the world around them. My own setup is a little more with it. Samsung 48UHy7500 4K TV as a monitor over a intel 5820k Hexacore processor @ 4.3 GHz with 32Gb of 2.8GHz DDR4; multiple SSD's and OS's with a Pioneer SC-LX59 Atmos Amp and a Cyrus 6DAC, Audiolab MDAC & CDt Signature for stereo. I have been in the repair field for the best part of the last 40 years and my interest has not waned. I came here for info on the Cybervalue 2200e - I am on my second iteration, the first did not like new batteries. My Curent version spends all it's time in buck when the Utility volage is 249V (it's display says 213V). Both my Fluke 79 series 3 & my 1580 say otherwise....

Comment

Hi,

My name is Akos, and I am from Hungary. I registered here to learn how to fix a monitor.

Comment

Hi Everyone ! (from belgium)
                                  I'm just a guy who wants to learn a bit of electronics.
                                  ( I'was a programmer 20 years ago and decided to start again with microprocessors. Of course I say very quickly that electronics were involved. So that's why i' m here: to learn.
                                  Nevertheless when i can help ( maybe ) just give a shout.
                                  Bye for now
                                  Erwin

Comment

hello members,
                                    my name is brad
                                    im hobby technician, found this forum today and seems theres pretty much useful infos for me :-) so i joined this comunity, hope i can help to other members too :-)

Comment

Hi. I've been using information on your forum for the last 2 days to help trouble shoot a Vizio tv that won't turn on. Your info was so helpful that I decided to join your forum.

raduryea

Comment

Hi to everyone, I'm looking for help with certain apple mac motherboards. So, in order to get what someone needs, I think that one should give something from oneself, so I humbly attach this 820-2936 MacBook Pro A1278 motherboard schematics, along with the boardview file and the program to open it.
                                        Greetings and thanks in advance. I hope I'm doing it the right way.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

My name is Ed, I'm interested in electronics and IT, even though I have not much experience in Electronics I'd like

to learn more about repairing Tv's and monitors.

Comment

Working...
                                          X