• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All,

I am Chris. I like fixing things

Comment

Hello all, My name is Doug. I am 45, Married with 2 children (28 and 29) and am a field technician for a MPS company. I try to spend most of my free time in the woods here in Canada when it's warmer but in colder months I am usually tearing something apart to see how it works. I do lots of repairs on tv's, old school crt monitors and arcade boards. Pretty much anything I can take on with a soldering iron and curiosity. My previous job for 14 years was for IT company where I did server support, POS support, second level support to techs, ran bench repair facility and Data center networking support. This is the first forum I have ever signed up for. I tend to keep to myself mostly but thought I would give this a shot since I see so much good information here. Thanks to everyone for contributing.

Comment

Hi All,
        tony here
        working on two monitors and one is problematic. hoping to learn more here!
        Thanks,
        TRH

Comment

What's up all an EE here that's hasn't used his skill since school and trying to get back into the game and figured this would be a good place for help and guidance.
          Thanks all

Comment

Roland from New Zealand here.

I joined in the hopes of fixing a Samsung (ua)55d6000; powers off after
            around 30 seconds (then 2 or 4 blinking red codes by remote receiver).

I tip my hat at the great compilation of information, thanks everyone who contributes!

It is nice to see how clean and minimalistic the newer TVs are, unfortunately it is also sad to see how fragile (LED's connected in series in this day and age?).

Comment

Hi from HI
              I'm an ex-OH-6 crew-chief. I programmed mid-frames long ago during the day. At night, I wanted something easier to work on so I bought into Macintosh. I'm retired now and love to tinker.

Comment

Hi
                Happy New year to you all.
                I am Alex from Nyc.
                I am here in hopes of fixing a tv. I been reading a few post from members but i didn't get a full answer from those posts.
                Thank you.

Comment

hope this is the correct place to introduce myself .
                  i am rather late in doing this as must have been a member for a few years now . i am normally over at audiokarma helping folk repair amplifiers etc .
                  i also repair tv.s but have run into a problem .
                  i will find the right place to ask shortly .

Comment

Happy New Year to all,

I’m a new member and new to electronics so please be gentle.

I’ve been in computing in one way or another for 36 years. Recently developed an interest in designing and building my own special purpose devices and, thought I should learn how first.

My Dad was in the business for most of my life. He owned a TV sales & service from the early 60’s till the late 80’s. I have inherited all his tools and parts. Many of the tools are not suited for digital work, I think. Funny, I was not interested in electronics until after he died. Now I wish I had paid better attention when he was here. I did learn some things but, Youth is wasted on the young.

Thanks for letting me join your forum.
                    I’m hungry to learn.

Comment

Hi there,

I'm new, from Serbia
                      Electronics technician
                      and interested in repair of any malfunctioning electronic devices
                      I signed up for the forum asking for help and exchange of experience

Comment

Hi all, Vurhan here. I am here to get help on my msi motherboard caps but I hope I will stay more later on.

Comment

Hi, I am Tuned. I oscillate with the best! I am new to this Forum and would like to take the opportunity to wish all members a very Happy 2017. May you have very few short circuits this year!

Comment

Hi, here to primarily get info on how to fix a toshiba A205 with a dodgy NEC cap.

Comment

Working on an LG 42PX7DC 2006 ... Reddish Dots

Comment

Hi.
                                Live in Norway. Work with office equipment repair like printers, computers ATM's and stuff. Collector of Vintage Tandberg HIFI equipment. Have found, and replaced a lot of bad capacitors since about 1997.

Comment

Hi all , my name is Ady from Romania , electronic technician .

Comment

Hiya! I'm working on fixing a Samsung TV and taking up my entire dining room table. Hopefully its fixed before my wife runs out of patience!

Comment

Hello all, now retired I have more time for my hobbies and pastimes. Have been dabbling for nearly 50 years since I was given a Philips electronics kit (pegboard, spring lips and discrete components). Fairly extensive amateur experience of audio, tv and computer repair. Used to have dedicated workroom with bench, scope and other goodies, hoping to find space to set up new bench. Play guitar (in a fashion) and dabble with mixers, pedals and recording. Regards, Kevin

Comment

Hey everyone!

My name is Josh, and I live in Dallas, GA. Back in the day I was 'in the loop' on all the technological devices, but you know how it is, is doesn't take but 6 months and your knowledge is outdated. Much less many years. I used to build computers as a hobby, so I know my way around a motherboard decently, but never got so far as to repairing actual boards, just replacing. Looking forward to learning new things, as it is a bad TV that has brought me to the forum. But I love learning knew skills, so I plan to listen and hang around to become more knowledgeable in this department.

Comment

Hi,my name is Edivaldo, i´m from Brazil and work with repair on laptops and cellphones for about 2 years. English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X