This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Slovakia, my LCD monitor have trouble and i hope than someone help me...

thanks

Comment

Introduction -
      I am accessing this forum to do research on an issue with a Linksys WRE54G, and found what I was looking for. I am looking at possible repairing it since it performed quite well for a number of years before conking out on me.

Thank you for such a resource.

Comment

Hello fellow hobbyists, technicians, and diligent do-it-yourself'ers!

Many a time have I come through the badcaps forums, perusing for insight on some technical or otherwise impossible to find information that some generous & helpful folk have taken the time to address, upload, or explain in great detail. I am ever grateful.

Kudos to you, badcaps. And to your worthy community.

-ZacJARU

Comment

My name is Alex, i have some general experience in electronics, heavy knowledge in computer software repair and light knowledge in computer hardware repair. Currently im learning how to fix tvs on my own time with my uncle. He, unfortunately, has cataracts and diabetes so I help him around his shop as best as I can. Though he teaches me well I still struggle with some items that keep me at a loss. But anyways yes 22 y/o with 10 years of general software and hardware repair. Working on ASE certs for fun while also working on recieving my cisco certs and others of the sorts.

Comment

Hello all, my name's Mike and I recently was given a plasma tv to "tinker" with bc it wasn't working right. My boss just went out and bought a new one and was gonna toss the old one so I brought it home. I'm in the upstate of SC and went to ECU for undergrad. I love the Pirates and spending as much time with my two sons and wife as possible. I'm not too keen on electronics and being colorblind doesn't help. Funny story though, that's how my grandpa found out he was colorblind. He worked at Raywire and kept messing up the colors while building parts, and was finally tested. Oh well, here's to me looking about electronics, hopefully!

Comment

Good Day to Everyone! I'm Manuel Cheng Jr. I am a computer technician and printer technician. My friend told me to join this forum as I am looking for discussion about laptop motherboard repair I like to learn about motherboard repair Laptop or even desktop motherboard.I will contribute to this forum as best that I can.. I know I can learn more on this group of people who likes to share their knowledge..

thank you guys!

Comment

Hello, my name is Clay. I should've posted this a long time ago but better late than never. Im a restaurant manger by day and have a small garage repair business by night. Televisions mostly but will occasionally work on amps and other devices as well. I love to learn and am excited to be welcomed into a forum with so many knowledgeable individuals. I look forward to hearing and learning from all of you. Thank you for having me.

Comment

yo

now im 20 y old, im in love in electronics since im kiddo
                  currently studing at wroclaw university of technics in direction of electronics

Comment

Hello I am Ben I am a retired repairman after 35yrs

Comment

Just joined and finally read my email that says posting here will let me start a new thread! Sometimes it pays to stop and read the simple, well-meaning instructions, eh?

I am kind of a dinosaur, but have fixed a few computers and laptops. I guess it was just a matter of time before my TV needed fixing!

Comment

hello im travis, ive been doing computer and laptop repairs for a little over 5 years. Done some minor tv repairs as well and just love to learn and help in any way i can.

Comment

Hello.
                          I'm JP from Spain. Interested in electronics and computer peripherials and PCs repairing.
                          Hope to find cool ideas and could help someone too.
                          Best regards.

Comment

Hi all, my name is Matt, and I live in Rochester, NY. I am barely even a novice at this stuff, but I'm willing to learn. Cheers!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi all from New Zealand. I've got a small collection of vintage computers ranging from 1982 through 1997, many of which I procured in the US and brought here to NZ. Clearly "bad caps" are one of the many difficulties in keeping these running, especially given that they now need to run on 230 VAC power.

I also have a mechanical engineering degree, decades of hobby-level electronics experience and am semi-retired.

This week I've had a number of issues plague me including a "Y" cap blow-up on my IBM 5170 AT power supply and wonder why my IBM 5153 CGA monitor runs OK, but 4 watts warmer on 230 VAC than 110 V. I hope to get some help on the latter here.

A few weeks ago I successfully converted my two IBM 5150 PCs from 110VAC-only to 230VAC-only with a minor bit of redesign.

It's not as much fun ordering new, high-quality caps down here. Shipping is $30 or $40 so I have to make the best of each order.

Comment

Hi all,

im from Essex UK, have lots of experiece with building fixing diagnosing and overclocking computers but only a teeny tiny bit with my now getting on a bit plasma.

Im desperate not to give this tv up as lcd's dont compair in quality to my relativly mid range plasma and i really really dont wanna have to replace it so am here for help

Comment

Hi All,

Retired after 42+ years in the computer and business systems industry. Getting back into the electronics projects and repair end again as a hobby. Found this forum while working on repairing an inverter board for a LCD display. It has been a great help in finding information.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi to all members of the forum. I'm a 19 year old guy with interest in computer/mobile hardware+software tinkering(not in any way coding). My interest started when I got my first computer at the age of 11 I guess, don't care to mention the specs :P I've always been the tech geek fixing computer crashes, removal of viruses, tune-ups etc. but my interest in hardware started when my Samsung NP-RV510 CPU temps got high after 4+ years of use and I Googled how to change thermal paste on my laptop and guess what, no "computer repair" shop in my neighbourhood knew about thermal paste(won't be telling you where that is as I aim to exploit that gap, haha) and just cleaned the dust and re-assembled it. Then a few months the hinge holding plastic broke and made a loud cracking noise when I opened the laptop lid, and I took it to myself to fix it, even if it costs me $500 that I got it for, and I had fixed it with superglue and magic glue and it's been working for 2 years. And now I'm really interested in logic board repair that Louis Rossmann has introduced to me through his YouTube channel, and I hope one day I'll be able to read schematics and figure out for myself how to fix them with the help of this forum. That's all folks.

Comment

Hello,

Degree holding EE here that hasn't really used it since school. I periodically repair stuff and use this board for tips. Working on a Cyberpower UPS right now.

Comment

Hello,

There was an electronics portion to my computer science college program about 15 years ago but i havent touched electronics at a component level in probably over a decade.

And now my Toshiba TV recently died so i'm here to start a thread. Looks like a great forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X