This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, I am just a person who repairs electronics, without much experience on my own. as i have gotten a problem and i don't know how to fix it, so I've come to this place in search of help.

Comment

Hi,my name is Yvon and I'm from the french part of North America. I chanced upon this site while searching for tech gear and components. I dabble a bit in electronic repairs (very basic stuff) for the pleasure, pain and frustration it provides.

I'm here to learn as I've been procrastinating for too long. I'm trying to get a Samsung tv to work lol and I'm rusty at troubleshooting so I may bug you guys for advice like how to desolder a heat sink without damaging the pcb.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hey Everyone! Looking to make some TV repairs and save a bit of money at the same time. Looks like a great community and I look forward to learning lots!

Comment

Hello, I am Nikolai (not my real name), with much experience in repairing consumer electronics in the Netherlands. Both domestic electronics as audio/video. Feel free to ask me everything. I am experienced in tube tv's, but some of my knowledge I can export to nowadays tv sets e.g. S.O.P.S and tuner/IF repair. I am here to first contact a person who might have a clue for my broken t.v.

Comment

Been registered a couple years ago but never have a chance to say hello or thanks this board.

Comment

Hi everyone! Just starting out with electronics repair. This board is a great resource! Thanks!!!

Comment

Hello,
                I am Praneel. I am here to see if i can understand the problem with my tv with some help from here

Comment

Greetings and Salutations,
                  My latest hobby is 6 DelI Optiplex computers with the Blinking Orange Power Light curse. I got two GX280s working so far. The sole GX270 needed bad caps replaced, but it appears that the surgery was successful although the patient died. Still 3 more GX280s to go...
                  Here's some tips:
                  1) When blowing a computer clean of dust, don't use a mechanic's air compressor. They are far too powerful, and the air contains tool oils and water. Use a vacuum cleaner that can be reversed to blow instead of suck (and stick something in the fans to hold them still so they don't spin wildly).
                  2) On any computer that uses CPU heat sink paste, replace the paste. Old paste dries up and causes overheating; this might cause the fans to run at full speed all the time.

Comment

Hi, I'm Robbie York, 42 in Youngsville, North Carolina. I've been doing field tech support for 20 years. Began in retail photo lab equipment. Did that exclusively for about 10 years. Also have some background in computers, but primarily my talent is electromechanical troubleshooting and repair. Did full retail drug store support for a couple years, office servers, registers, laser printers, pharmacy robot, and all the photo equipment going digital. Then I worked on hospital beds for about a year. Currently I service mailing and shipping systems such as folders, folding/inserting machines, postage meters, ink jet and laser printers, tabbers, lockers, and various software systems. I joined here because I recently picked up a couple bad tv's cheap and managed to get them working and I "caught the bug". I come home with a tv now and tell my wife I picked up my next puzzle. I've only been buying bad units so far, but now have someone who would like to have his tv repaired. It's a Sanyo DP-47460 that turns on then shuts back down. A quick google search indicates it is a common problem with these. Also the guy mentioned the same issue occurred 2 years ago and disconnecting the internal speakers resolved it until now. A service online advertises repair of this issue for $89.95 and only asks that the main board be sent in. I am thinking maybe a bad cap or two or an IC in the audio circuit. Anyone seen this and know the magic pill for it?

Comment

Hello I have been in electronics for over 40 years. I got my start in the Navy as an Electronic Tech repairing radars and graduated to consumer electronics after leaving the Navy

Comment

hi..i from indonesia ..sorry in my engliish

Comment

Wowwww I don't know If i will keep up with so many profesional here.
                          Thaks for accepting me .

Comment

Anothsr new member! Came here for help on repairing my 46 Inch Samsung LCD, hopefully I can become part of the community

Comment

Originally posted by manhapra View Post
                              I have a new Onkyo HT-S3700. It was working fine for a couple of weeks. Suddenly it stopped working. The display continuously scrolls showing the audio settings menu. Unable to operate or even factory reset!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                              Tried disconnecting input buttons from main board and powering on? That's assuming buttons are on a separate pcb.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am here new. I have a Durabase DL40F180X2 TV with vestel 17ips20 power suply.
                                I am looking for resolve my problem with no power on this TV.

Comment

Hi,
                                  I was surfing the internet and the wind blew me to this forum.
                                  I am busy to repair a lcd TV / TCON board and I am hoping to get some useful information here.

Have a nice day.

Comment

hi
                                    I hope to increase my knowledge about electronics here and help people if I will be able only
                                    take care guys

Comment

Always trying to fix something... Usually with information from subject matter experts. That's why I'm here.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Just joined the forums. I started reading a few threads here about repairing LCDs and Laptops, etc. I that caught my interest so I'm very interested in following these threads to acquire the required knowledge in order to be able to do so myself.

Thanks for bringing the world such a great community. Cheers!

Comment

HI - Just joined. I have a Dell XPS 600, served well for many years. Have the dreaded capacitor issue and can see the bulged caps. Hope that I can find info on the specs of those caps to order them and have them on hand prior to taking out the mobo.
                                          I'm an amateur radio operator and have experience with soldering, so I look forward to this opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                          X