This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. I'm from India. I've been a developer for a huge chunk of my life and enjoy tinkering with computer software.

I've read a few of the posts about modding BIOS on this forum and hope to increase my knowledge.

Looking forward to the discussions and wealth of information here. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute.

Comment

hello fellow computer people/ ive been in the industry since i left school worked for GPT (GEC) as a telecommunications and electronics engineer . wow how things have changed.
      i look forward to being involved in many discussions and offering help where possible

Comment

Hello, I want to ask a few questions about graphics card repair.

Comment

Hello I am Alex, I am 39 Years Old and I am from Philippines..

Married, and have 4 Children =) =)

Comment

I need help in Deleting the Bios Password on Dere R9 Pro Laptop..

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              Im an Electrician/Engineer in the Uk that repairs machinery, Automotine/Industrial/Consumer products & Tools but my electronic skills are lacking when it comes to computers & programming issues.
              Looking forward to learning some new skills.

Comment

Hi, I'm Chris and I heard about this forum on the Learn Electronics Repair YouTube channel.
                I have limited modern computer knowledge and my activities are more of a general electronics nature. My interest in electronics started at school and grew considerably when I joined BT (known in 1968 as the GPO). In the early '80s I trained in TXE4 maintenance which was an early model of electronic telephone exchange. I moved from there into a management role until I retired in 2011.
                I have kept up a practical involvement in general electronics and most recently have started working with PICs.
                I owned a Commodore 64 1n the '80s and learnt 6502 machine language (the C64 uses a 6510 but its the same family). In BT I used a Pericom CP/M machine, then the early 8086, 286, 386, 486 etc.
                Windows PCs have been a major part of my working life and, to a lesser extent, at home.

Comment

Hello am new and have razer blade issues and this seems the place to ask about some board related issues like what would cause the power rail for my backlight driver to fail and what voltage that needs to run at and where to test it (Ie test points or at the connector)

Comment

Hello from Jakarta!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi, nice to meet you.

Comment

Hi All,

Just looking for information regarding electronics repairs. Been playing with electronics since the late 1960's (Philips Electronic Engineer kit, anyone???)

Cheers,
                        David

Comment

Hello, I found this board while searching for a dead backlight for an old samsung LCD TV. I have not tested yet the solution that worked for the other member but I'm hopeful since the voltages I measure are about the same.
                          Anyway this looks like a great site.
                          Congrats to everyone involved.

Comment

hp pavilion 15 dk 0263tx model bios bin
                            file need

Comment

ineed urgent

Comment

Hi All
                                Seeking electronics repairs info.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I am Andrew, an Electrical Engineer based in Pittsburgh PA USA!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, just signed up!

Comment

Hi - new member in UK here. Have dabbled in TV repairs but mainly a PC guy. Just had a TV come to me and looking for advice!

Comment

Hi, Dutchie member here. Mainly just messing with electronics, learning more every day.

Comment

Hi world

I live in France, and I am 38 years old, I had my first PC in 1999 with a sony CDU burner with X2 speed burning caddy.

I had given up a bit because I wanted to work in reconditioning because I don't like to throw away but unfortunately I didn't have my chance.
                                          I've been watching videos of electronics, components, for a while now, and I'm trying to understand how it works because I have no electronic knowledge.
                                          I got myself a soldering iron, and some tools to try to repair some motherboards.
                                          I have just discovered this forum on the Internet, which I find really very interesting and a very good mentality.

I hope I could help you if the opportunity arises and I can learn electronics better with all of you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X