This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hii, I am from Australia and looking at buying a better quality multimeter, so thought I would get some background information well regarded brands here. Thanks

Comment

Howdy all, noob here looking for some assistance with by Samsung Plasma.

I like long walks on the beach, dogs and cuddling....wait wrong forum..lol

Comment

Hello, guess what, its me again
        Not because ive registered just because its me again!
        Whatever that means.

Anyway, hello.

Comment

Hi All, I am from the UK and the latest newbie,
          Came across the site looking up UPS issues and thought the expertise and help the posts got was quite impressive.

Comment

Hi all now I'm here

Comment

nnnnnnnnnn

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new .. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

aloha, my name is Tvcast and I am electronic tec

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new .. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                my name is tvcast and I 'm electronic tech for many years.
                I have experience mostly in industrial electronic and I would like to join this
                Forum which is part of same minded people, and hope to be help full . thanks

Comment

I'm pleased to be one of us

Comment

Hello all. I'm glad I joined this site. Hope I can help you and that you can help me as well.

I am not a ''certified'' tech but I know a lot of stuff in troubleshooting and repair of TVs, PCs and lots of other stuff.

Looking forward to read you!

Cheers!

Comment

ust wanted to say hello to everyone, my name is dijas and I am just looking to get some help

Comment

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, my name is Rocco and I am just looking to get some help/advice on a Panasonic TC-P55VT60.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is John and am a complete idiot regarding electronics. Joined the forum to get some help on a dead LG 42LN5200 tv. I also have a Imac that has graduated from a random sleep problem to deceased.

Comment

Hey all...

I have a Dell monitor that my Dad gave me that's only got about 3 years on it.

Well he passed away and since he gave it to me, it means as lot and I am on a quest to fix it.

I'm no expert but know enough to be dangerous...

Hope this site can lead me in the right direction!!

Thanks!

Comment

Good day to all

My name is dawrick and I EVERY new to forums and how they work so please bear with me please. I have always used badcaps.net over the years for a little general information on electronic repairs but only recently decided to join. I am so what of a novice and do mostly repairs for myself when I can.

Anyway hope everyone the best and hope we all learn from our experiences.

Comment

Hi... All My Senior Members... I m new here... If I Can i will help & i hope i also will get help from this site. Thanks.

Comment

hello

Comment

friends call me " TVCAST " don't ask me why , you know when they start drinking they like to put name on you. Any how , I 'm an old fart with lot's of experience in industrial
                                    electronic and some in home/office networking . I was browsing around and run into
                                    Badcaps.net site and immediately like what I read and I said to myself a helpful site !
                                    So I said, I need to join this like minded community. So here I'm , hope you can tolerate
                                    ME . Thanks

Comment

Hi , friends call me " TVCAST " don't ask me why. You when they starting drinking they like to pick name for you. anyhow ,I'm old fart with lot of
                                      Years in industrial electronics and some in home networking field .
                                      one day while I was browsing around with my computer , I ran into Badcap.net

site , and immediately liked what I saw- a helpful and like minded folks who

Like electronic repair , so I join in and here I'm hope you can tolerate me.

Thanks

Comment

hello,
                                        im here because i need some repair infos for my "just" broken earphones
                                        thank you

Comment

hi everyone... im from sydney australia and love how much uselful info is on this forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X