X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy YALL!

I have replaced 1000's of blown caps back when I worked for a repair depot.

I have used an oscilloscope with supervision.

Upgraded a couple of guitars with Orange Drop Caps.

I like soldering and wish I was better at troubleshooting.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Silas Caeton. I live in Dublin, OH. I found this website when I was looking for information on fixing a TV I have. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Comment

Hello you all. I'm number 14030! My name is Frans van Helvoort and I live in the Netherlands in a very little village at the coast. I have worked as shift supervisor at a nuclear plant for about 38 years. Therefore I worked as radio officer in the merchant navy and the dutch royal navy. I have some education in electronics. I stopped working due a bad stroke. Nowadays I am playing some guitar and make stompboxes and so. I stumbled in this forum in search of repairing a Vox guitar amp! I found a very interesting thread for this amp and I want to communicate in this thread. Rock'on.

Comment

Hi every one. I hope find help to repair my LG Plasma, I found this useful forum in a search, thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by fth View Post
            Hello you all. I'm number 14030! My name is Frans van Helvoort and I live in the Netherlands in a very little village at the coast. I have worked at a nuclear research plant for about 38 years. Before that I worked as radio officer in the merchant navy and the dutch royal navy. I have an education in electronics,health physics, nuclear fysics and some more. I stopped working due a bad stroke. Nowadays I am playing some guitar and make stompboxes and so. I stumbled in this forum in search of repairing a Vox guitar amp! I found a very interesting thread for this amp and I want to communicate in this thread. Rock'on
            !

Comment

Hello, I was just getting farther down the rabbit hole looking up an ESR chart for using with a meter I bought and stumbled on your sight. I have been teaching myself some tech work restoring Reel to Reel tape decks and noticed ya all.

Hello to all and I also hale from Tapeheads.net. Hope to learn some good stuff while I am here!

Comment

Hello, my name is Nicolas and I'm 23 yo. I'm a sysadmin. I've been collecting and fixing vintage electronics equipment (not only computers, but most of it is) for the past 12 years or so.

Couple years ago, I've decided to try to go the extra miles and not only replace bad caps but also try to find & replace faulty component.

I'm also an electronics hobbyist and have a few equipment I acquired (or was given to me) over the years (digital Rigol oscilloscope, HP function gen, Weller soldering iron, 4 DMM (1 table top), lab PSU, and a frequency counter, hot air rework station).

I'm also a licensed ham radio operator since 2010, my call sign is F4GMG

I had know of this forum for years, and already find a lot of info here that helped me repair board here but never had the time or need to register here before.

Comment

hi everyone
                  im reza ,23 years old from iran

my job is repair laptop
                  and this form is very usefull for me
                  you help me many many time

tnx for ur helps

Comment

Hello i want help with my samsung hu8500 psu.

Comment

Hi. New to the board. Got an Associates Degree in Electronics/Telecommunications. Board soldering, Networking, Fiber Optics, Troubleshooting and such are all my list. Trying to gather as much knowledge as I can while we migrate towards Supercomputers and Quantum Computers in our universities and, eventually, our homes and cars. Thanks for having me aboard guys!

Comment

Hello. It's good to be part of this very helpful forum. Hoping to get some help repairing an LED TV. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello all!!! I have been on this site a few times and just reading through it the first few times I was able to fix a monitor that had... a bad cap. lol But now I am on a new project and need to be able to talk to people that know more about specific things. So I am here to post an intro and hopefully get some more help! Thanks for the add and help!

Comment

Hey guys,

First thing I need say is I`am not an native english speaker, so excuse me about my bad english.

I am an curious trying repair my power supply, and google bring me here when was searching for the unknow diode T2D 98.

Comment

Hello
                                I am a diy'er

Comment

I am here to learn more skills

Comment

I'm an engineer, have a variety of skills in hardware and software, currently learning Python, have used assembler plenty of times. Love PCs and digging inside them. I'm just now building a NAS box to keep backed up. Backups currently taking around 5 hours per week so I want to cut that out. Love microprocessors, favs are Motorola (almost anything), I like the idea of pushing little pulses of electrons around a tiny, tiny circuit with some software. I collect vintage germanium transistor radios too and they are rare now. That's all for now. Cheers lads.

Comment

Hello,

I am an engineer, and I like hacking things. I have been reading some info on Badcaps, and now I am registered. There is a lot of useful info in this place

greetings from Colombia

Comment

Im Rudger,
                                        Long time lurkey joining member today, im not afraid to wield the soldering iron at anything that has a circuit board

Comment

Greeting from Florida...... trying to see if fixing my tv is worth it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X