X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All,

Quarter aged techy here, I love all sorts of electronics. Specialize in Laptop hard diagnosis and repair. Love to learn new SMD soldering techniques and down and dirty ways to get the job done.

Currently self employed providing IT support for small businesses.

Happy to be a part of the badcaps forum!

-OCF

Comment

I guys, I'm a hobby electronics technican, messing with these things with my twin brother. "Bad caps" reminds me of those in Sega Game Gear - the internals were flooded with capacitor juice. Replaced them and got rid of CFL backlight and put LEDs instead. See you on the forums, because I have some non-functional telly out here..

Comment

Hello Everyone,
        I'm Sean. Came across this forum trying to find a solution to a problem of mine.

Comment

Hello Badcaps!
          I really appreciate your help for people like me.
          I am a hobbiyst with some knowledge in electronic and eager to learn!
          Thanks again!

Comment

Hello everybody,

I've played with computers... a bit, played with linux... a bit, tried to repair things.. a bit.
            Now I'm trying my hand at understanding how it works at a component/soldering it together kind of level.
            I have accumulated a "stash" of broken and slightly broken electronics just waiting for my attention........

Your forum seems to be a helpful place to be.

Comment

sorry for my poor english
              work in laptop fix like this job
              36 years old
              start working from 19 years ago

Comment

New guy here from Nebraska. I currently work on plc programming and troubleshooting. Having and issue with my tv and im hoping to get clarification before i order parts.

Comment

Hello, new here thanks for having me!

Comment

Still won't let me post a thread?

Comment

Hi, I'm a computer engineer from Austin, TX. I got started in computers with a TI 99/4A at age 7. Though I mainly stick to software, attempting to repair my failing Samsung LCD TV has me breaking out the soldering iron again. I replaced the underrated caps in the PSU (which I now find out where part of a class-action lawsuit), but that wasn't it, so I'm hoping to find some help here in tracking down the problem.

Comment

Hello from Montreal!

I've been lurking throughout the years; finally decided to register. This forum has been quite informative, so many thanks to all who took the time out of their day to enlighten the community.

I started small (over 5-7 years ago) by replacing blown capacitors on my motherboards and RAID controllers with a basic soldering iron. Now I'm looking to learn how to use a hot air rework station to replace SMD components.

Comment

Hey my name is Ash!

A little about me:
                          I'm a Refrigeration Design Engineer working in the commercial refrigeration sector, primarily supermarkets and so on. Got into computers from a very early age and now like the majority of people they're a major part of my day to day life.

I came across this forum whilst searching for a solution for a couple of black lines that have appeared on my "oldish" 50" LG Plasma TV and there seems to be a lot of knowledge on here so hopefully you don't mind me picking your brains!!

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, found this site while looking for repair tips for a TV I got for free earlier this week. I mainly tinker with repairing electronics and small engines, though I'll try to repair anything that I can myself.

Comment

I've looked around before to fix my 42" Vizio. Now replying because I acquired the apparently infamous Toshiba 50HP66 and need to post for help.
                              Thanks,
                              Steve

Comment

Hello from the x Republic of Texas, as an old Marine I repaired several models of radio, teltype, and telephone gear. I cut my computer teeth on CPM writing Intel 8080 and Zilog Z80 assembly which also include Basic and predates DOS. Today I repair selected techno pieces for gun. Others for some type of payment. I do not care for MS Win8 or 10 and may move uo Lynx as my primary compute IS platform.

Comment

Hello from The Republic of Texas.

Comment

hello everyone I am so glad this great site is online and I found it.

Comment

Hi everyone, I have repaired laptops hardware and software and I have built PCs for family, friends and myself. I'm not at all an expert in what I do and I often make mistakes.
                                      I was looking to upgrade the CPU of a old laptop of mine and I have never done that. Google sent me to this forum and I think I'm gonna like it here !

Comment

Hi I'm from quebec
                                        I m graduated in electronics but i m a computing guy

Comment

Hello to all techs. My name is Helder and I have been repairing Laptops, mobilephones power supplys for over 15 years. this forum it is very informative. I hope to use this for in the near future and hope that I can help anyone you may need assistance. We have a retail and repair shop located in Portugal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X