This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My Vizio TV broke and I found the forum looking for more information. I work mostly in software, but play in hardware when I get the chance and it looks like the time has come. Look forward to your support and helping out when I can.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi I am Tom and have just come across a sony 430/530 system turn table amp tuner deck equalizer the remote was lost. every thing works sound great, but tuner stays on stand by? it is there away to manually operate this no lights come on

Comment

hi its tom the tuner is a sony ST-JX430

Comment

Greetings everyone! I'm just a noob in search of new knowledge in some tv repairs... Think I bit off more than I can chew!

Comment

Hi, I'm Craig, my tv broke and I was directed here to run it by people. I'll make a post when I can.

Comment

Great forum with lots of useful information, glad to be new member!

Comment

Hello everyone just recently got back into repair ,disabled recently have a phillips 50pfl3807 f7 on power supply need to know value of r1051 and what replaces or type of Q1004 Thanks Martin

Comment

hello i found this forum while searching repair options for my toshiba 50l5200u that just quit one night while watching tv i ordered a power supply and swapped it out ($20) and it didn't resolve my issue. :/

rob

Comment

Hey all, I ran across the forums looking for info on a few tvs that went though the shop. Glad to be here!

Comment

Hello, I'm here to narrow down a problem I'm having with a television. I'm ignorant when it comes to electronics so I'm hoping to get some good advice from people who know what might be going on. Thanks!!

Comment

Hi guys, my name is Matthew and I am from Greece.
                          I am glad that I am now a member of this forum because it is truly a treasure of information and experiences of its members.
                          My hobby is to give it a second chance in essentially dead devices.

Comment

New to this forum. Geek at heart. Love taking things apart and fixing them....my husband cringes when he sees my "graveyard" of parts!

Comment

Hello,

hi guys, I'm Dave from France and happy to become a member to this nice Forum
                              I'm hoping to contribute too and share my knowledge.
                              My hobby is to repair electronics devices and some Games electronics

Comment

Hi,
                                Just a new member seeking for help. Trying to learn computer hardware from anywhere or anyone can help.

Thanks

Comment

Hi ! I'm new, Mike in CA bay area, and right now have 2 Hanns-G HD281D monitors that have been going funny for about a year !
                                  I do embedded sw development and embedded medical instruments, as well as hardware board design.
                                  This one Im using now blinks on and off every 10 - 60 secs, which makes writing this post tough LOL.
                                  So I guess I may have to replace some caps or solder down a loose leg on a IC ?...
                                  So, thanks much for the threads on the HG281D !!! I'll let you know my progress.
                                  They are great monitors otherwise, very nice for gaming and 2 side by side Windows of Office...
                                  symptoms: im running this Hanns off of a Nvidia gtx-950 card with an HDMI cable, now but it used to have similar problems with the old gfx card on HDMI. The blue LED stays on, but it goes black intermittently for 20 or 60 secs, then comes back on, its very digital on or off. Sometimes the monitor will go black and turn the LED from blue to yellow. Sometimes it gets worse if the monitor is on too long, or on a hot day. If I leave it off overnite, it takes many minutes to stop blinking upon powerup when cold, then is OK all day often.
                                  So it seems to be hardware in the monitor, not a driver or the OS sleep settings.
                                  I just put in the registry fix for HD281s with Nvidia cards last nite, at here,
                                  http://www.tombeauchamp.com/2009/08/...-mode-problem/
                                  and today it seems a bit faster to turn on, but still blinks after a while, with varying periods of on and off. Heh.
                                  So I guess I have to drag out my old old scope and hopefully get some schematics from BadCaps.
                                  It doesnt seem to be the CCFL backlight blinking, because when it loses vid signal, it always says clearly the msg for No SIgnal in the middle of the monitor. ... maybe the NSA is screwing with my drivers? LOL
                                  And the monitor always works ok during BIOS boot up messages, it seems so its not the backlight. Cold spraying the top vents and turing off the power for 30 secs seems to help a lot. If the room ambient is over 85 or so, the Hanns can have problems.
                                  Its definitely a HW problem in the monitor I guess, in the sleep circuit.
                                  I should try the DVI interface maybe. The back of my computer desk and metro rack are like a jungle so I am afraid to go back there LOOOL.
                                  I will report what the problem is, when I find more ! Thanks for signing me up !

Comment

BTW, my post above about the blinking Hanns-G 281D,
                                    I am running Win 7 and an i7-930 Asus motherboard FYI.

Comment

Hi, I'm Duncan, from Ottawa, Canada. I've just joined. I studied sustainable and renewable energy at Carleton University, I graduated almost 2 years ago. I've been repairing vintage audio gear for a few years as a business out of home.

Today I'd like to take a crack at fixing a flat screen TV I found, I'm hoping to get some advice on that. I'll be posting about that soon.

Comment

I don't know how to post this yet:
                                        is there any source on the web for the
                                        schematic of a Hanns-G HG281D LCD-CCFL monitor, or a similar model ?
                                        Or just the schematic of the power supply ?
                                        Tnx, Mike

Comment

Hello everybody I'm Hippy56, A retiree living in Delaware.
                                          Engaged in hobbies like electronics and music which goes back a long way for me.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard ! Peace.

Comment

Working...
                                          X