This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! I'm just an amateur seeking info on fixing a 47-inch Olevia 747i that I was gifted. I hold a amateur radio license, but actually working on electronics is not a competence by any means!

Comment

Hello all! Looking forward to learning a lot here which I have already found the FAQ invaluable.

Comment

Hi, my name is Brant. I suppose this will officially be the first message board I have joined. I came across it trying to troubleshoot a monitor I bought at Goodwill. I have always loved taking things apart, fixing broken things and creating new uses for them. I am also a thrift store addict.

Coming across this forum has enticed me to combine these passions, generally electronic purchase from goodwill have been limited to functioning things. I think I am going to begin attempting to enjoy taking apart some broken ones now and seeing what I can create.

With all things in life, I hope this becomes one more piece to the puzzle on my path to ruling the world.

Comment

'Sup everybody. Saw some really cool stuff on the forums and thought "Hey, why not register to see the rest and maybe learn a bit more"?

Comment

Hello everyone, My name is Jeff. I'm an industrial sandblaster/painter by day and an electronics hobbyist/enthusiast by night. I found this forum by doing a search for a power supply board for a tv I am working on. I love the feeling of tearing into something, figuring out the problem, fixing it, and seeing the item work again. I don't have a formal education in electronics, but I am an eager learner from all that I can find to read. From the looks of it, there will be an abundance of learning here. Thank you all for this forum and the learning opportunities contained herein.

Comment

Hi all, I'm Kev, I'm from Canada. I'm a Electronics Engineering Tech, Computer Tech, and Networking Tech. 40 years in electronics. Worked in industrial and consumer electronics as a feild and bench tech. Serviced Tube Tv's as a field tech for a couple of years. Serviced Disco Tecs for few years, that was a blast. Started in computers with 8086 processors, 8 inch floppies, and 12 hard drives. My first 8088 pc-xt, I stuffed the mobo 128k, and 108 chip composite video card, and MSDOS 2.1. Ran a computer sales and service shop. Was an college Computer/Electronics instructor for a few years. Looking to retire soon and start building my dream projects with focus on Green Technology.
              Happy to be a part of your forum. Hope I can help, and gain new knowledge as well.
              For now I plan to make weekly visits to this site, as my time is limited.
              "Learn something new every day, it all adds up (;>o

Comment

I am a technician with limited experience but lots of motivation. I joined after I decided to put my skills to a test and purchased a broken 70" Sharp Aquos LED TV. It would be nice to get my hundred back plus a few dollars. I have no place to hang a large TV so it's going on craigslist as soon as it is fixed. Anyway from a redneck here in Alabama, Howdy, hello or Buen Dia.

Comment

I have a pioneer 1410 pro plasma tv with a scratch on it what to do please

Comment

Hey everyone. The name is Trey and I am having TV issues. Im in the military and teach electronics for a living. Feel free to ask me whatever.

Comment

Hi all from Italy, this forum is wonderful, I am proud to be part of it!

Comment

Just dropping in to make my first post so that I can start a thread to get some help with fixing my Samsung TV if it is fixable that is.

Comment

Just dropping in to make my first post so that I can start a thread to get some help with fixing my Sharp LCD TV. I'm sure you guys & gals will point me in the right direction/

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi all,

Just here to introduce myself... Like most here, an amateur that enjoys taking things apart and currently has a faulty LCD tv that I can't for the life of me figure out!

Tons of great info on here already so hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it eventually!!!

Comment

Hi, guys.
                              Come across this forum surfing the Int'net for some info on LED TV backlit troubleshooting. Found it very helpful. Noted a friendly atmosphere there in the forum while reading threads. As for me, I do some TV and other home appliance electronic stuff repair. Also mount antennas, install surveillance systems, and about.
                              So, nice to meet you.

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Ben. I am from Detroit, MI. I work in IT for one of the local universities. I went to school for computer engineering technology. In my free time I like working on construction projects, electronics projects (I have a number of Arduinos) and automobile projects. I am joining this forum mostly because I am seeking the expertise of its members to diagnose an issue I am having with a Vizio television. I spent a number of years doing software and hardware computer support so I am no stranger to the classic "Bad Caps".

Comment

Howdy.

I ended up here trying to decide if I would be able to repair a plasma TV if one of the buffer or driver boards went. The answer was yes. Always a good answer to find!

I'm in NYC and have vintage HiFi as a hobby, but I also have some vintage A/V gear like the Vidicraft.

Comment

Hello,
                                    I'm David from Portugal ,

I'm an technician with low experience , i'm trying to improve my skills and i think here it's the best way, the people here its very helpfull.

Comment

Hello! I'm Bob from Minnesota in US. Just had a thunderstorm roll through last night.... thunder in November in Minnesota? That's not normal.... but at least it isn't SNOW!!!!

Comment

Hi all, Im Noel From Ireland. I love to "try" fixing thing hehe and sometimes i even do. This site has shed light on a few pondering questions i have fired at google in the last while so said id join.

Anyway hello and hope to chat to you all soon

Comment

Hello, im here to troubleshoot my old laptop. However, considering im studing electrotecnic and automation i may be here sometimes, like... a lot. Sorry for my English.

Comment

Working...
                                          X