This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just joined. Found this forum doing an Internet search for schematics on an HP w2207h monitor. Am an avid learner and always looking to learn. Now am looking to learn how to make basic diagnosis and repairs. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi All,

Just joined here very recently. I work for a company designing sensors. My usual electronics boffins hates dealing with mains level voltages so I guess its up to me. Good luck everybody!!

Comment

I was an ETC in the Navy and retired. i have repaired electronics for over 60 years. I now have problems with 2 Samsung LCD/LED TV's. I need some advice on these items, as I have not done any repair on consumer electronics in a while.
        5klr1n

Comment

Hi, was just browsing for some info on my possibly dead TV power board, but this looks like it could be interesting!

Studied 'taking things apart' many years ago but went into teaching instead; still like to dabble and don't like problems to go unresolved, especially if it involves a little soldering here and there.

I wasn't rich enough to have a spectrum but I did have a ZX81. Many iterations before asking the local shop for a 486 50MHz ("Do they make those yet?") I took apart Amstrads, Apricots (fibre connected keyboard - remember those?) and some unwieldy HP monster.

Prefer radios now, though. Looking forward to drawing on the knowledge here and perhaps even contributing some, but don't have high expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Hello,
            I found a schematic for hp mini 2140, this site is amazing!
            Keep up the good work, it will make the good world!

Comment

Hi -

I'm just a old guy tinkering with a Samsung LCD that's not working. I'm a retired military guy in the Dakotas.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I am currently in the process of repairing a Panasonic Plasma TC-P55GT50, and have replaced the SU,SD, and SC boards, but still get the 7 blinking lights, looking to read more up on this and see if I can figure it out to rescue my TV.

Comment

Hi,

I don't have too many knowledge about electronics, but I like to repair things.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi Im Scott 33 from Aberdeenshire, Scotland. I work as a mechanic offshore and Im in to PC gaming and motorbikes among other things. So hello all!

Comment

Hey everyone I'm Thomas. New to the forum, hope to learn a little more about electronics and things of that sort from you all.

Comment

Hi. I found this forum while looking for help repairing a blinking monitor. I am 77 and retired. I worked for many years designing both analog and digital circuits. The first computer I worked on was not a stored program computer. The program was entered by rewiring a plug board. Last in my career was managing a group of Software Engineers. Now, I write the programs and build the circuits that I am interested in. This forum seems to be loaded with sharp people that are willing and capable of solving problems and fixing things. Got a feeling that I will enjoy being a part of it.

Comment

Hello everybody, my name is jake. No I'm not from state farm. But I'm a tech with comcast for about 8 years.... I'm a do-it-yourselfer kinda guy and now I have like 13 flatscreens in my man cave that I'm repairing ..lol I joined this forum in hopes to learn from everyone possible and maybe one day help someone else who needs it. Thanks in advance guys, this is really cool.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi there thanks for letting me join,firstly my names jason i am an electronics eng for over 30 years mostly tinker now as disabled but like to arm in lol i was head of lcd division in local firm and sone contract work for acer ctx hp and sony to name a few i have used this site for quite some time now and thought it was about time i stopped stalking lol

Comment

Hello
                                  I'm DIY fixer here.

Comment

Hello

I've been reading here for a long time, finally registering for an account.

Comment

Finally in!

Hi all.
                                      I have just registered from Madrid, Spain.
                                      This looks like a fantastic tool for all of us electro-oriented.
                                      I hope to be of help!

Comment

Hello
                                        I am from Macedonia,I have been reading this site about a month,and i have just register.
                                        So hallo to all.

Comment

Hello! I'm not much of a techie but I hate giving up on something or paying someone else a fortune to repair stuff unless I absolutely have to. Looking forward to lots of top tips from here

Comment

Working...
                                          X