X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi fellas,
    cannot claim to be anything other than a newbie here hoping to pckup some tips do's and don't from you all many thanks or being here
    arc200

Comment

Hello,

My hobby is repairing (or at least trying to) electronic stuff.
      Looks like I might find some usefull information here.
      And who knows, maybe one day, I can give some information

Comment

Hello,
        Absolute newbie. Got a dead LG 42PT353K-ZA.BEKLLJP that I'm going to try to revive.

Comment

Hey BadCappers,

Just another guy trying to keep his electronic menagerie online and extend its life where possible.

I am former Navy Cryptologist and now a systems engineer in the Northern Virginia area. Have soldering iron, will travel, but I am better at computer/systems integration stuff than messing with hardware at the board-level (less direct electricity involved).

Current patient is a Samsung LN46C600 that gave up the ghost last week (no precursors), hope to start an action-packed thread shortly (complete with pictures).

Have a ground-free day!

Comment

Hello Everyone, I just joined to get assistance with repairing my TV as its died 3 months after the warranty expired!

Comment

Hi, everyone. The name is Ed. Plasma is my life blood, but it's done me wrong. Hoping to possibly get some help from the community so we can get back into each other's good graces.

Comment

Greetings all,

Chris and huge computer geek from Fredericksburg, VA here. Mainly joined the fourm for technical assistance with TV repair. Hopefully this will be a fun as well as a learning experience. See you guys around the fourms!

Comment

Good day to all. I am a R&D aerospace U.S.N/NASA trained electronics tech with 35 years experience.
                  Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hola, just recapped 2 power supplies. Working on a 3rd.

Comment

Hi all, I'm just here to pick the brilliant minds of those on this board.

Comment

Hi To All..

Im Mr. Amir Lapuan fron North Cotabato Mindanao Philippines..

Im studying a electronic but sadly i cant finish because of poverty lack of finance,so since i have a little knowledge of eletronic repair,i pursue to established a small shop business for repairing to support our family needs and finances for eveready.

I bought some repairing materials guide repair to know and updates for latest techinic guide for repair..,One time my friend told me that why you bought a repair materials book,why you cannot try to bought a cheap pc computer and search all electronics forum and access it by registering as member,so i follow the friends advice and im glad its a big help for me.

So now i want to be a part of this community as a member and i hope im welcome here..

Thanks..

Comment

Hi All, I trained as a electronics technician 17 tears ago and promptly went into a almost completely unrelated career as a computer engineer. Starting to dabble in the world of electronics' again and could use your assistance with a faulty tv I'm playing with.

Comment

Hello, I am fixing a Dell 2408 Monitor, I believe it is a TCON issue, i am posting here , so i can create a thread asking the forum if they recomend any Ali Express vendors

Comment

Hi, I am new at electronics but very interested, I hope to learn from all of you, thanks.

Comment

Hello. Trying to fix an SV470xvt visio. If anyone has a service manual it would be appreciated. Jeff

Comment

Hi,
                                  I am an IT geek from Leicester who used to play with veroboard and electronics on and off for the last 25 years - from fixing CB radio power supplies to making alarm clocks go off when it gets dark as prank.
                                  More into programing and recently got into playing with arduino boards with my son.
                                  Recapped a few monitors that had been scrapped from work as faulty - to moderate success (does help when capacitors look popped).

Comment

Hi BaaaadCaps users!
                                    I'm a PC junkie with 30 years love affair with upgrading, tinkering, and all things PC related. I've done some engineering (3.5 yrs but didn't finish due to a music fetish that ran its course just like mum predicted...), but I spend more time programming and tinkering than soldering (although that's changed in recent years).
                                    My first computer was a Commodore 64, then x86 PII --> Pentium 5, and Core i7 series. Currently have a dual AMD 2x 8-core ESXi 5.5 box with 32GB several gigs of raid and 10 VMs running off it (home domain/website/SQL/programming and testing machines). I also have a FreePBX set just to keep monthly elec bill high (missus loves that )
                                    My electrical tinkering centres around attempting monitor/LCD/LED repairs that are chucked out, along with building small home projects. I'm definitely not an expert but happy to share experience with some of the gurus out there.
                                    Cheers
                                    Zeureo

Comment

Hello out there in Bad Cap land!

My name is John and I have been in the Electronics field since 1989. I still do a lot of bench work. Bad capacitors have kept me employed for quite a few years. I work for WGN-TV in Chicago for the past 20 years. Broadcast tape repair is one of my passions. We still run around 30 or so various tape units. Tape storage is slowly diminishing; servers are taking over the world. Luckily, we have a nice variety of electronic equipment to keep me employed and busy. I look forward to reading the posts from fellow technicians.

Comment

Hello,
                                        I'm Wes.
                                        MO:
                                        I am a Electrical engineeer in an automotive electronics company. Products are everything from a simple contact switch to higher level LIN / CAN based communication, to LF / RF communications.
                                        Like to repair everything........site provided some good insight and knowledge to Plasma and LCD/LED TV repairs so wanted full access.

Comment

Hi everyone, new to this site but it has already helped me troubleshoot a power supply issue with my TV. Thanks so much and looking forward to learning from you all.

- Jeff

Decatur, GA

Comment

Working...
                                          X