X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is FCAanalas.

I`m quite new in this branch. Usually I`m not signing anywhere. But this forum have something different then the others.

Hope to cope with you a lot.

Comment

Hello everyone! My names Aaron and I'm an IT tech at a Marketing firm here in sunny Orem, Utah. I recently started buying busted up TV's computers and about anything else I can find to try to make some extra money to put myself through college. I'm sure I will have my fair share of Noob questions, but hope to help people out along the way.

Comment

thanks for the invite

Comment

Greetings to all from sunny Chandler, Arizona! I stumbled upon this site through a Google search for repair info on my plasma TV which went kaput a few days ago. I also have a camcorder that is in need of some help.

I've always enjoyed tinkering and fixing things, and I've assembled a few personal PCs as well. My first computer was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, so yes, I go back a ways.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to post my questions soon... and please don't tear this noob a new one.

Comment

Hi All from Irvine, CA!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I joined up directly related to a 40" Sony LCD TV I grabbed up today that powers up and the screen comes on... but needs something done to it due to vertical striped lines. It's worth playing around with to try to fix I figure.

I found a thread related to it but dangit... the attachments were member only.

Just as well... I will probably be posting on here a bit anyway.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm just a simple man... Trying to make it in this complicated computering world.

I prefer to be called captain Tom but just Tom will work... Televisions and computers are my favorite, I like pizza too.

Let's computer!

Comment

Hi I'm scuba_2, I found this place by accident while looking for tips and info on my faulty TV, was amazed to fing the circut diagram for the exact power board in my Samsung TV.
                  The TV have been treated to 7 shiny new Panasonic Caps and is doing very well!
                  Very interesting site thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi I am a retired audio, video, and sound technician. This site was recommended to me froma TV shop 30 miles from where I live. I am looking for a solution for a powered sub woofer that let out a little smoke. I removed the power module and saw one bulging cap. We would like to know if anyone has any knowledge about any service bulletins, or overheating issues. The sub is Electro Voice SB2A. Yes I know this is supposed to be an introduction. We are looking forward to learning and possibly helping someone out. We have an ASUS CM1740 Quad processor, 4gig ram, 23" Acer monitor, with wireless built in this desktop. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Hi I'm looking to major in video and currently bought a friends plasma to fix to see if its for me

Comment

hey guys, new on here... i'm mike and i regularly grab dump flat screen tvs and repair them with generally good success. havent had much luck in the actual board level diagnostic but identifying and replacing bad caps isnt too hard at all.. i dont fix and sell for the money primarily..but for the fun of the challenge and saving an otherwise useful tv.

thanks i hope be a part of your community

Comment

Making my first post even though I signed up a while back. Scouring the forums for some information on diagnosing a Sceptre 32 inch tv I have sitting around!

Comment

Bonjourno. Cama taille vous

Comment

I like to tear electronics to shreds sometimes they even go back together and still work

Comment

Hello fellow techs: I haven't posted before because I never scrolled the screen down, so i couldn't figure out how to post. I have owned and operated ABC TV & Computer Repair for 18 years. I am retired now and just repair stuff for fun. i have been repairing electronics since 1983. I have two years of college in electronics but no degree. i still enjoy learning about electronics, and tv issues.

Comment

Hi all of you, I am Jignesh, Professional Laptop tech.

need a Schematic Diagrams for HP Probook 4510s PN FM969UT

Comment

Hello my name is Walt. I have been a Field Service Engineer for many years going all the way back to the "Mini-Computer" ie; Data General, DEC, Borrughs, etc.

I have worked on Mini's, PC's, printers, terminals, Semiconductor front ends, Automated wafer inspection equipment, 3D printers, and a medical device.

I used to trouble shoot to the component level "digital circuitry", however not much in the way of Analog. Of course with todays equipment most is board swap, not much component level as there used to be.

I found this group surfing the web while trying to fix my TV.

I am hoping after I am able to post that I an get some help hee.

Comment

Hi guys I'm dan from Maynard, ma found the site while looking for info on what's up with my tv

Comment

Hello everyone. What a wonderful resource. It's good to know there are places to go for help when manufacturers drop the ball. Thanks for all of the great dedication and advice.

Comment

Hello

I'm a retired professor (electrical engineering), but when I was young, I made spending money fixing radios and TVs, when people expected to do that. My daughter asked me to fix her TV, and somehow I couldn't resist, which is what got me involved here. It seems that there is a long thread devoted to the same TV that went bad for her. I've found six (6) blown parts in the power supply, so far.

Back in the day (60's), my information source was Sam's Photofacts and the fact that tube circuits often ran along the same patterns, regardless of who designed them. It's hard to find a schematic now. . .

Roger
                                          Holland, OH

Comment

Working...
                                          X