This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. Simon here. I found a nice Samsung LCD in the dumpster (somebody tried to 'recycle' it as 'plastic') and I'm hoping I can get it back into shape

Comment

Howdy,
      Mark Olsberg here. I'm a computer security guy and have been working and repairing computers and TVs for too many years to count. Found a Acer monitor at the landfill to work on so looking here for the common issues and repairs.

Comment

Hi all,

Olli here. Just trying to fix two Samsung Syncmaster 245b which work wanted to discard... it's fun to play with electronics, and to try to give things a longer useful life. - I'm almost surprised that it's not always the caps...

Comment

Hi, I found your site because i'm looking for info to repair blown caps on a dell mainboard. you'll hear from me soon! thanks.

Comment

Hi! I found the site while trying to fix a samsung lcd. The work is done now but after my first post I'll write a thread with the problems that I found and how I solved them.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hi!

Manzoor here. Posting coz I have to. Lol....

Comment

Hey guys!
                Couldn't find this post earlier.
                I am 28 year old computer / electronic enthusiast and went to college for computer architecture, but haven't really been using my talents in the right direction till recently.

I will be doing laptop repairs for a shop on the high street and got myself a puhui 8280 and an aouye 968+.

So ive had my kit for a day now and reballed a intel nh82801gbm southbridge on a dead macbook a1181 mobo. just for practice. i also lifted both the gpu and the cpu and will reball them later or tomorrow. if any of you noobs leaning reballing etc i recommend bgamods.com forum aswell as it is purely reballing.

Im very excited to start making some money and doing repairs.

your forum really inspired me, but i need to gather more knowledge, specially on mosfets and general power ic diagnosis. This is why this forum rocks.

my love goes out to all you in this forum that keep injecting good material and help!

Comment

Hello,
                  I have a background in television and electronics but I've made my living mostly by applying associated soft skills. I do pick up a soldering iron on occasion as a hobby, because I prefer to repair stuff and extend its useful life rather than abandon the electronics to landfill. That's becoming a more and more expensive attitude if, as people say, time is money. Also, I would have to invest in a microscope as the miniaturization trends continue and my eyes continue to lose their ability to discriminate fine details. Having said that, there are a few LCD monitors I'd like to see working again...
                  -techobbiest

Comment

Hi,
                    Dave here. Electronics novice by night, software guy by day! Fixed a couple of bad cap issues in the last few years. Happy to contribute if I can!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello. I ran across this site looking for information on repairing a TV. I am now a member. I repaired computers, appliances, and autos. Basically I have been doing this all my life. I started with tricycles and bicycles. I had my first computer which was a Timex. You hooked it up to a TV via the antenna terminals.
                      I continued learning and had other computers like commodore, a 286, 386, etc. I also blew up my first TV at age 16.
                      I had some electronic classes in college. That was years ago. I keep abreast of knowledge
                      on repairing and new concepts using the Internet. I continue to learn however possible. That is why I joined.

Comment

Hi all.

Comment

Hi. Thx for helping...

Comment

Hi everyone!

My first machine was a ZX SPECTRUM ... I guess it had 48kB of RAM!

Do you think there were bad caps in there ?
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/...s/trashcan.gif http://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/beehive.gif

Comment

Glad I found this forum while searching for a fix for an old Delco AM FM Cassette. I knew I would eventually find someone who could help.

More when I add my first post - IF I don't find an answer first while searching.

Mark M

Comment

Hello, I discovered this forum while investigating getting my Mitusubishi 72-inch DLP TV and Vizio 26-inch TVs repaired (I suspect bad caps in both cases).

Comment

Hi guys tanks for having me here I got here by trying to fix my Harman Kardon Ts-8 Sub and already found a good tip which saved the day!
                                  Laszlo

Comment

Hi all I'm just want to ask a question about a TV

Comment

Hey all, Pierre here I am currently having TV issues and wondering if it is worth fixing.

Comment

hey hows it going, names triplefour and i am not a spam bot. i have a pretty sweet vizio TV a friend gave me that turns on but wont display anything. so i was gonna go ahead and make a thread in here somewhere asking for help with that. anyway thanks for having me!
                                        Don't fear the repair...

Comment

hey all, hoping I can't find the help I need here!

Comment

Working...
                                          X